CherylAP's Kitchen

A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!


Posted by CherylAP (My Page) on Fri, May 13, 05 at 12:14


Well, at least that's the best way I can describe my kitchen. It's huge compared to the
size of the house (a less-than-1500 sq. ft., nondescript, late-'50s ranch). I have to say
that although I'm more of a peanut butter and jelly maker, I do find I spend lots of
time in my kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen


Follow-Up Postings:

 o Oops -- my specs!

Sorry, forgot to post them; here they are:

CABINETS: Mahogany Arts & Crafts style cabinets by Heritage Custom Cabinetry
COUNTERS: New Galaxy granite
BACKSPLASH and ISLAND INSETS: 2x2 multicolored Indian slate
FLOOR: Can't recall! It's porcelain, and from Italy, by DalTile.
MEDALLION: The ubiquitous "Vineyard" medallion by Questech in bronze
RANGE: Viking 36" gas w/griddle
DISHWASHER: Miele Incognito
FAUCET, SPRAYER, SOAP: Seashore by Mico in brushed nickel
CABINET HARDWARE: Brushed nickel, Mission style, from Rejuvenation Lighting (Refrigerator pulls are from elsewhere; can't recall the brand, but they came from Knobs.com)
LIGHTING FIXTURES: Brushed nickel, Rejuvenation Lighting.


 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Hi! Love your tiled island...great idea! We have very similar tastes....my cabinets are same design....I have the exact same Holland barstools and I also have the exact same Rejuvenation lighting. I have their hardware too.
Kompy

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Kompy, I would love to see your kitchen. There's something thrilling about seeing what those with similar tastes come up with. Kind of like variations on a theme, but always with wonderful surprises!

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Beautiful and so elegant. Well done !
Is new galaxy the same as black galaxy ?

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

From the very little I've been able to gather, New Galaxy is Black Galaxy but with smaller particles. However, I'm not entirely convinced that this is so. The yard from where my granite was purchased tends to import the majority -- if not all -- of its stones from South America, and true Black Galaxy granite is from a small quarry in India.

So, in short, I'm not sure. I do wish there was more information available on it.


 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Cheryl,
Gorgeous kitchen! You did a terrific job. Love the slate on the island - very high end look and very original.
Enjoy.

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Thank you! One thing I forgot to mention about my cabinets; the doors are 1" thick! It just seems so amazing to me, especially after the horror that was once my kitchen.

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Beautiful kitchen Cheryl. Our tastes are very similar too. Can you please tell me where you got your slate eletrical plate covers? Thanks.

 o Switchplate covers

Sure! I've provided a link for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slate Switchplate Covers


 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Love the backsplash tiles and using them on the island! Been trying to figure out what to do with the back of our island, which faces into the rest of the living room (welcome to small NY apartment living) and this may be the answer!

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Cheryl, I commented on your windows in a previous thread and now I saw on the "my regions" thread you are on Long Island! I would never have guessed from your kitchen style. I adore it! Just stunning. I AM on the South Shore of LI and must there is a little too much mica and glass block going on (sorry those you have it - it's a matter of taste). Enoy!! Hope I love my own kitchen as much (if it ever gets done)! Also - love the stools.

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Amazing how tastes can often differ by a matter of miles! Still, I think trends come and go; maybe they've gone just a little faster here on the north shore, lol!

The stools, by the way, are great; I'm so happy with them. Since you can see the stools the moment you walk into the house, I knew that the wrong ones could make or break the entire look of the room. They were pricey, but since they're commercial stools should (hopefully) last forever.


 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

What a great take on the Arts and Crafts style. I also love the tiled island. DH was totally impressed with the switchplates.
Have fun in your kitchen.

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

gorgeous kitchen!!! i am also doing similar cabinets with a slate backsplash. i love your stools - do you have the info on them?
thanks
missy

 o RE: A contemporary spin on an Arts and Crafts kitchen!

Absolutely! I was so happy when I found them; I had just about given up on finding
the right stools. You see the kitchen straight ahead when you walk in the front door,
and the back of the island, where the stools are, is the most prominent. If I was
happy to find the site, I was even more thrilled when they arrived. They're pricey,
but made to last (they weigh a ton!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Holland Bar Stools / Steel and Metal


Comments:
Your kitchen is goregous! I love what you did with the island. Can you tell me where you got the tile for the backsplash? It looks very similar to something I am thinking of purchasing from Lowes.

Nancy
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger