jerzeegirl's Kitchen

Finally, our finished kitchen



Posted by jerzeegirl (My Page) on Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 22:02

Here is it, almost done. Our old-fashioned contempoary Mission Zen kitchen. I need to paint the baseboards and I am still looking for some art - maybe a beautiful piece of stained glass and a Japanese noren to hang over the window.

The details:

Shuler Quartersawn Oak Mission in Hazelnut Stain with Cayenne Crown Molding
Honed Black Pearl Granite
Jerusalem Limestone Backsplashes
Marmoleum "Rosato"
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Faucet
Kohler Bakersfield Sink
Bosch DW
GE Arctica Refrigerator
Frigidaire Convection Range
Frigidaire Microwave

Thank you all for all your advice and patience in answering my questions and for making it fun to remodel the kitchen. Furthermore, my DH thanks you for turning him on to his beloved airswitch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Finished Kitchen

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuGbVqzatXKw&notag=1


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Mary, I love it. I love all your inventive solutions. It came together beautifully. Congrats!!

(Perhaps someday I will see it in person?)


 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

i guess this was the place to post this, not "discussions":

it looks great - congratulations! i love your un-trimmed doors and windows. . .very clean and sharp. looks like your rooms flow very nicely. . .

enjoy! i can't wait to be posting soon. . .always waiting to finish ONE MORE THING. . .


 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Bravo! I've been reading about your choices, it is so nice to see them together. The cabinets are the star in my eyes, which is only right in a kitchen, don't you think? And the marmoleum even looks cushy. Congrats!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

jerzeegirl, it's fantastic! So many great touches. My eye kept returning to the Marmoleum. So creamy and inviting. The Cayenne was a perfect counterpoint. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

I love the flooring and cabs, but also the calmness in your kitchen. I don't like clutter and don't like a lot of fuss so this appeals to me. Wonderful job.

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Gorgeous kitchen! I love your the cabinets and countertops that you chose. The design is simple, clean, elegant, and functional. Great job!!!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

jerzeegirl, That's lovely. I love your clean and simple lines - so uncluttered and so very very sharp. You do need to take some closups of that granite. It is beautiful and I've been twisting everywhich way to understand it. It looks shiny and reflective in one picture and so matte and yummy in another. I do love your QSoak cabinets too. Congratulations on being done. It came out wonderfully.

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

What a gorgeous kitchen! Especially love the cabs and floor...brilliant choices. Please tell me more about your cutlery/utensil drawer organizer...it looks to be a perfect arrangement!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Beautiful cabinets jerzeegirl, the Cayenne crown is a nice touch. Clean, uncluttered and soothing. I know you'll enjoy it. Congratulations!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Hi, Your kitchen is great. I'm curious about your drawer divider. Did you purchase those or did they come with your cabinets? Thanks!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Nice job, Jerzeegirl! I like your clean and contemporary feel. I like that skateboard deck over the doorway also. That is a neat piece of art!! Oh, and I love the red crown moulding! Enjoy that new kitchen!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Thank you all for your nice compliments about the kitchen! I am currently at my DD's house eyeing her kitchen. I am addicted to kitchen remodeling, I think!

To answer you question re the cutlery drawer. Ovenbrd and Sam I Am: The drawer divider came from the manufacturer of the cabinets and they did the configuation. It's in a 30" wide cabinet which is why it's spacious. I really love it and there is still space for a whole lot more stuff.

mindstorm: re the granite - it's high honed. There is reflectivity when the light source is in front of the granite, but it's totally matte when the light source is behind. If you look from the family room into the kitchen, you can see the reflection from the overheads lights and window and even the range (but it's a muted reflection). When you look from the kitchen into the family room it is 100 percent matte. And it's very difficult to photograph! In the morning light the mica inclusions are blue and in the evening they are red. And it's very satiny smooth to the touch. I have spent a lot of time gazing at it!


 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Congratulations! Love that pass-through window!

 o RE: Finally, our finished kitchen

Jerzee - I don't know how I missed seeing your kitchen before. It looks great. I love your cabinets and your granite is a beauty. I also like the fact that it doesn't necessarily look like a "florida" kitchen and it reflects you. Best wishes for many years of happy cooking or just gazing!

Comments:
What do you think of the honed countertops? Do they show fingerprints or water spots?
 
Am visiting from 5 years after your posting. Your oak and white appliances and utilitarian elegance are still much appreciated.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger