bikey's Kitchen

98% Finished kitchen pics



Posted by bikey (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Aug 12, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://web.mac.com/kloeffle/Kirktree_House/Kitchen.html

Details:
The island is 118" x 33". There is 42" between the sink and the island and 58" between the refrigerator and the island. The space where the refrigerator is used to be a pantry.

The backsplash is carrara marble with snow white grout. I don't recall what the finish is called, but it is smoother than honed and less smooth than polished. It is sort of like eggshell. The bottom of it is a 1" x 1/2" pencil molding, with a c. 5" x 12" tile under it. I cut the bottom tiles from 12" x 12" tiles and used a height that would allow me to have full subway tiles above it. The intent was to have the bottom of the backsplash look something like the window and door casings.

Comments:
Would you please provide the manufacturer of the backsplash tile?
 
Gorgeous!!! I love the inset look!

Buehl
 
Hi! We are currently building a Farmhouse and my kitchen is black & white. I'm struggling with the countertop decision. I had my heart set on honed absolute black but after doing some research have learned that they are high maintenance. My cabinet lady doesn't want me to use it. I have 2 active kids as well. I noticed in your kitchen you used them. Could you tell me what your experience has been like? My other option is Cambria. I don't really want shiny black! Thank You.
 
Could you give us more detail on your cove/crown moulding above the cabinets? How many pieces and what profile/bead? We are in the middle of a kitchen addition/remodel and are installing Omega cabinets 48" uppers in pearl (!) and are trying to choose the moulding (to the 9' ceiling). Thank you!! GORGEOUS kitchen!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger