KansasKathy's Kitchen

Almost complete Kitchen



Contact: KansasKathy (My Page)
Posted on Tue, Aug 23, 05
Link to kitchen photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/a240/KathyMadison/

Details:

My kitchen is finally, finally almost complete. They need to build a new appliance garage, install the tapmaster, finish building my desk and a few things like that, but
we are back in the kitchen and cooking. I love my new kitchen and almost everything about it.

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

It's stunning. The counters and backsplash are beautiful.

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

**swoon** **swoon**
I love everything from your counters & backsplash to your gorgeous,gorgeous cabinets. WOW!!!!!!
Unbelievable! (still swooning)
Congratulations!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!

You could have gone so many directions on your backsplash, but I just LOVE what you chose. It's very different, very unique and absolutely gorgeous! The whole room is an absolute work of art.


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

I LOVE IT! I LOVE your mahogany cabinets, and that gutsy, gorgeous full wall granite backsplash. Congratulations! It's truly a work of art.

My kitchen is finally, finally almost complete...

that says it all, lol. Hopefully the last details will be painless and you can enjoy your beautiful space.


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Absolutely beautiful!! LOVE your backsplash!!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Incredible!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Your new kitchen is very nice. How do you like your soapstone?

Is the white kitchen the before picture?


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

My goodness! That is spectacular! Congratulations!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Very sophisticated combination of materials. Your use of maple insets with the mahoghany cabinets is truly unique. Beautiful job!! BRAVO!!!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Gorgeous Kathy!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

love love love the backsplash and the way you've got your cabinets aligned along that wall. I also love the way you've got the maple not just as a detail in the doors, but in the open cabinets to set off display. Very cool use of lights & darks. Very Cool.

-a


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Wow so beautiful!

Congratulations!


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Kathy, it's gorgeous! We corresponded about the Mariana- did you end up getting it from Sierra Hills? It is beautiful- love the pairing with the Rainforest brown.

Worth waiting for, wasn't it? Good job!


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Thank you SO MUCH everyone for the nice comments. I love my new kitchen and I'm glad you all think it's cool too.
And as so many people say on this list "I couldn't have done it without you". Without this list I wouldn't have soapstone, Sub-zero (appliance forum), gaggenau's, tapmaster, air switch, and I wouldn't have found Elite Bath for the bronze sink. Probably other things too. I wouldn't have a single bowl sink either. This is an invaluable resource!!! Thanks again.
Happiladi - so far I love the soapstone. I don't think my fabricators were very familiar with ss, but it came out looking good in spite of that. I hope I still like it a year or two or ten from now. And yes, the white kitchen is the before shot. It looked good that day; it was the day before demolition and it was all cleaned out. But the cabinets were VERY poorly constructed, a header in the ceiling needed to be beefed up and in general the workmanship was awful.
Here's a picture of my DH's cubby for hiding papers he brings home from the office and usually leaves laying on the counter for a couple weeks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's his cubby in the powder room for reading material
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We have already working on the master bath plan. Hope it is quicker and easier than the kitchen, but I am already completely obsessed with the tub decision.
Kathy


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Truly stunning and I love, love, love the backsplash. Congratulations

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

You have great decorating sense! - That kitchen is a work of art - it is wonderful!

I hope you and your family enjoy it for many years to come.


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Wow! That is just gorgeous and so dramatic!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Wowee!! I LOVE it. So dramatic and beautiful. Excellent job.

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

It's simply beautiful! Congratulations...

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Wow! I mean like...WOW! Congratulations

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Speechless!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Wow! Beautiful Kitchen! I can't see a seam for the marble anywhere, how did you do it? Enjoy your new kitchen!

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

What a beautiful kitchen! That backsplash, hood and wall sconce combo is so dramatic, I could stare at it all day. Congratulations.

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

That marble just knocks me over.

Did you design all this yourself?


 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

Skymom,
There's only one seam in the marble where the pattern between the two pieces isn't either a mirror image or contiguous pattern. That seam is right of the vent chimney and at the level of the top of the cabinets. Otherwise all seams (3) and corner seam (1) are virtually invisable unless you know where they are and are standing real close. The guy who planned the cuts had me come out to the shop and we discussed layout options and this seemed to be the best solution.
FlyLeft, DH and I designed everything about the kitchen, but got alot of help from the GC and the cabinet maker. It's a fairly big space, but we were constrained by not wanting to change any walls and not changing the windows unless we really needed to. Also there's that weight bearing pole right in the middle of things. We did get it moved about 18 inches when they were beafing up the header and that helped with design options.
DH likes mostly contemporary design and while I like lots of different looks I'm stuck on mostly natural materials and simplicity of design (no curly cues or gee gaws), so we ended up at this kitchen.
We're going to use the same cabinet maker in the master bath project but have switched contractors just because it's a small job for our regular contractor and the kitchen took way too long. The new contractor has us using a designer to help with drawings.? I'm not really sure how that will work out as DH and I have pretty strong opinions about what we like and don't like. I guess we'll find out if adding a designer to the mix is a help or a hindrance.
Thanks again for the good reviews. I love reading that people other than me like what we've done.

 o RE: Almost complete Kitchen

flat out beautiful! guess u can quit your day job now. :) what wall paint color/s did u use?

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger