lauraella's Kitchen

kitchen finished!



Posted by lauraella (My Page) on Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 23:40

Here are the pics to our just completed kitchen. We ordered cabinets on Feb 16 and they were installed on March 26. So I think we did good. We did a lot of work ourselves and had friends help us along the way. I must thank all of you here as you were my constant reading material through out the process.





Cabinets - American Woodmark Tawny Oak Charlottesville
Counters - Corian Matterhorn
Stove - GE STainless
Fridge - Whirlpool Stainless
D/W - Maytag Stainless
Backsplash - Indian Slate Tile
Knobs & Pulls - Shrock Leaf Pattern

I totally love my new kitchen, hope you like it too!

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: shutterfly
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IcM2jhwxbMSi


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: kitchen finished!

Hi, love all you have done. Especially like how you have hung your microwave. I want mine off the counter but think having it in an upper microwave cabinet will be too high for me so I would like to know how yours is hung and what model/brand microwave you have. Also you tile is just lovely, you've done a great job. Many happy hrs. of cooking.

 o RE: kitchen finished!

It looks great! How did you hang the microwave? The backsplash is beautiful! Very pretty!

 o RE: kitchen finished!

Beautiful kitchen. Love the way your microwave is hung too.

 o RE: kitchen finished!

Hi, Laurella, love your backsplash and that WOW! ceiling. Enjoy!

 o RE: kitchen finished!

Love it, especially the slate and the tin ceiling - it all looks great together!

 o RE: kitchen finished!

The Microwave is a GE spacesaver. It is hung from the cabinet above. We got it at HD although they price matched Sears. We used a recessed plug behind to plug in. My old M/W was over the stove and hung very low. I could not put a stock pot on my stove, so it had to go. I love the new one.
Thanks guys, the tin ceiling was an afterthought, not planned in the beginning. Found a great local guy that does it. We were going to do it ourselves but decided that it would be better for someone who knew what they were doing!

Laura


 o RE: kitchen finished!

Hi, me again about the hanging of the microwave. Is there a kit or something for attaching it to the bottom of the cupboard? I just think it is a terrific idea and I really want to know how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance.

 o RE: kitchen finished!

There is a kit, it is just brackets that fit inside the cabinet that you screw the microwave into. I guess it gives it more strength. There are 4 screws that you screw from the cabinet down into the m/w. It is pretty tight and not going anywhere. They have them on the Sears and HD website. We raised the cabinet up some to allow for the m/w that way we still have room on the counter.

Laura


 o RE: kitchen finished!

Sent the pics to the kitchen designer at HD. He loved them! Said that oak is coming back especially the dark oak. He had never done a kitchen in this shade before so good to see all worked out.
Laura

Comments:
I just found your kitchen through the backsplashes slide show. Your slate is the slate I've been looking for. Can you give me any more details? manufacturer? Where you got it?
 
They are just stock slate tiles from Lowes!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger