wilsonb's Kitchen

Finished and enjoying our new kitchen



Contact: wilsonb (My Page)
Posted on Mon, May 29, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.pbase.com/wilsonb/kitchen_renovation

Details:

I don't have any info on the ceiling fixtures. I ordered them from a local lighting store.
The thin pullout next to the sink holds two dishtowel bars. We had to add it as a filler, but we actually use it! It beats hiding the Cluny with dishtowels!

I love my drawer with my baking supplies. Because it's not a very large kitchen, the drawer is right across from the pull-outs with all of my supplies (mixers and pans), and my bowls are nearby in the glass cabinet. In the drawer, I keep all of the basics, so that all I have to do is reach down when I'm mixing and put them right back when I'm finished. There was no surface large enough to even roll out dough in my old kitchen. I love baking in my new kitchen!



Comments:
Yours is one of my most favorite kitchens in this whole blog--completely what I would LOVE to do with our old 1890's farmhouse kitchen! Thanks for the inspiration! Particularly love the soapstone, the elm island top, the table/chairs in the breezeway and the floor in the breezeway. Great job!!
 
What a great kitchen! Congrats! I love your backsplash - I am thinking of doing the same thing, but maybe with a crackle subway. Thanks for sharing.

PS - Since I'm not only TKO, but TLO (totally lights obsessed) I thought I would let other viewers know that I think the flush mount ceiling lights are from Hudson Valley's "Randolph" series. Or maybe Visual Comfort's Edwardian Flush Mount with glass shade. HTH
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger