soovhappy's Kitchen

Long Time Member Finally Posting~



Contact: soovhappy (My Page)
Posted on Sat, Nov 18, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://soovy.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Details:

The kitchen (oak) cabs were done with (shhh, some people don't care for this idea) Minwax Polyshades. The main color is Olde Maple and the accents, glass cab doors, counter trim and two small cabinet doors over the stove as well as the island, are Mahogany. Easy, peasy! I just cleaned them with Spic-N-Span, took the doors and hinges off and propped them on pots and old paint cans on the covered kitchen table. I used two coats on everything. No sanding involved as it goes over existing varnish, poly, etc.

Tip? Keep a wet edge. Load the brush (foam leaves too much air and can cause bubbles) and apply quickly, finish with a long stroke and voila. I did use 000 steel wool, lightly, the second day before the second/final coat. Let them dry overnight (and between the two coats) and then rehang. I've added two photos to the end of my kitchen album so you can see the difference it made. My cabs were stained in the photo but I had glazed the detail in black prior to the Minwax Polyshades. I was able to do all 23 cabs and 11 drawers in a few weekends (I work full time) with my space issue. Didn't want to do this in the garage due to dust, etc.





Comments:
What a fabulous kitchen! The warmth of the wood cabinets, the glow of the copper pans - and that amazing artistic backsplash! It truly is a work of art. So many details to enjoy each time I look at the pics. The entire kitchen shows a great attention to all the details that make a home welcoming and cozy. Beautiful!
 
I agree with Rose in that kitchen just glows! You've taken that area from a NICE kitchen to one full of warmth and surprises. Fabulous job!
Cyn
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger