Sam_I_Am's Kitchen

My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Posted by Sam_I_Am (My Page) on Mon, Feb 21, 05 at 21:25

I finally am able to post pictures of our kitchen renovation. We bought our 15 year old home
about 7 years ago. The kitchen/family room was a fairly small space (700 S/F total) relative
to the rest of the house. We had a galley kitchen that over looked the family room. It was a
perfect rectangle. We decided to make the kitchen/family room into just the kitchen and add
on a grand room. While we were at it we also added on 2 more bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, and
a home exercise room. The addition was a total of 1500 S/F. We updated the rest of the house
which included all new flooring, paint, stair railing, and moving a few other wall to open up our
dining room. We also updated our bathrooms. It was tricky to make the large space (700 S/F)
into a functional kitchen. I was accustomed to a small kitchen and had a tough time imagining
what I'd do with all the space. I still wanted everything within easy reach. I'm quite pleased with the results.

Since this is the kitchen forum most of the pictures here are from the kitchen, with a few shots
of the other rooms just to give a feel for the rest of the house. The specifics are as follows:

Santa Cecilia granite
Fisher Paykel Dish Drawers
Miele double Master Chef oven
Miele 5 burner gas cook top
Miele hood
Miele warming drawer
Miele steamer oven (LOVE it!)
GE microwave
Thermador 48" fridge with custom panels
Rohl farm sink in biscuit
Rohl faucets (both prep island and main sink)
Anderson hand scraped hickory floors
Kitchen cabinets- Kitchen Craft Lexington recessed panel- Maple with Nutmeg Mocha glaze
Bar- Kitchen Craft Marquis square raised panel- Cherry with Bordeaux finish.

I'd be happy to answer any questions! Thanks to everyone for all of your help- I found this forum to be an invaluable resource! I've provided a link below. Here is a preview...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Sam_I_Am_Mam/100_0183.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished kitchen pictures


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Stunning. I love everything you've done. Can you please tell me the paint color on the walls in the kitchen, and what style your Rohl faucets are?

Awesome...you must be so proud!!!! :)


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Beautiful!! Love those cabinets. And, the bar is awesome. Very, very, very nice. You will so enjoy that kitchen!!

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Beautiful kitchen! I have picked the same lighting (Quoizel, Biscayne collection?) for my kitchen island, breakfast, and office. I am happy to see it in an actual kitchen.

How is the lighting working for you? Do they give off a yellow tone?


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Very nice!

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Love the details on the bar area and those cabinets are such a nice, warm color. Enjoy your new space!

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

I absolutely LOVE your entire house! It's truly fantastic! I don't really know what more to say. :)

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

hi. which faucet did you get exactly?
your home is gorgeous your kitchen is to die for
thanks edie

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Absolutely stunning! I loooove the combination of Santa Cecilia with the nutmeg cabinets. I got KC cabs in nutmeg (without the glaze) and went back and forth between a light and dark granite. We ultimately ended up with dark, but I love the look of the Santa Cecilia!

I'd love to know the color of your walls as well. It looks similar to what we went with--BM Natural Wicker.

Your kitchen is just beautiful. You must be sooooo happy with it!


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

The kitchen along with the rest of the house is beautiful.

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Gorgeous! I LOVE lush and warm! You did a great job.
Also asking about the wall color..in my never-ending search to find the right one. Thanks for sharing.

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I'm going to answer all of the questions, but I first need to pull my files for the details. I'll do that within a few days. In the mean time, I've been advised that my "slide show" can be a bit slow. I've posted a link below where you can just click on a thumbnail size picture of interest, rather than having to wait for the entire slide show. Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Better kitchen link


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Sam's public album link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam I Am house photos


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Gorgeous ! Gotta be such a great feeling to walk in to your kitchen - cabs and flooring look so grand! Enjoy -

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

I've had several requests to make my album public. I had made it private because I had over 450 hits (HUH?) and have no idea who all of these people are who were looking at my house! I only had about 10 responses from the Forum Folks so I don't know who else was viewing my pictures. Any ideas? It kind of gave me the creeps. I'm still going to get the paint and faucet information. I just have to pull out all my records.

Here is a link that might be useful: House Link


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Wow, Sam! Beautiful! Love the shaw sink and Rohl P&R faucets. Your whole house is just gorgeous. I love the boys bath with white BB cabinets and that granite is just stunning. My son wants a bath just like that. What granite is it? Thanks for sharing and I don't blame you for creeping out about all those unknown hits. Wierd. That's why it's so important not to show any *tellling* info. Oh, and love the way you put F&P DD's on each side of that awesome shaw sink!!! Must be very functional.

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Tee, thanks for the compliments! The granite in the pool bath is Emerald Pearl. It's gorgeous. It has flecks of iridescent blue in it. It's very dramatic against the white beadboard. You're going to love your faucets!

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Sam..your floors are beautiful. Exactly what I'm looking for. Did you finish them yourself?
Also do you know what grade they are, and are they 5" in. planks. And what did you finish them with? Im sorry for all the questions, but I am in love with you floor!
Thanks

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Thanks for the compliment! The floors are pre-finished. They're made by Anderson. The link is below. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Anderson Hand Scraped Hickory Floors


 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Thanks for the info.....I have been at that site before..but its so nice to see the floor actually in a "real" kitchen. I appreciate your time.

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Sam, Great house. I love the kitchen! Can you tell me the name of the cabinets and color? Thanks

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Cade- thanks for the compliment. The kitchen cabinets are Kitchen Craft, Lexington recessed panel. The color is Nutmeg with Mocha glaze.

 o RE: My Finished Kitchen Pictures... And More!

Beautiful, Sam. What an inviting space. You must love working in it. And I'd be happy to share any steamer recipes with you. Or if you know of any great cookbooks, that would be wonderful, too.
I had similar feelings about too much personal information being available on my photo sharing page so I set up a second site for the remodel.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger