Kompy's Kitchen

Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Posted by Kompy (My Page) on Sat, May 21, 05 at 12:25

Here is a display that we recently added to our showroom. The pictures are from a homeshow in March.

Cabinets: Holiday Custom (Rice Lake, Wisconsin)
Series: Frameless "International Design Collection"
Door: "Contemporary" solid cherry slab
Finish: "Country Hearth"
Countertops: Caesarstone "Champagne Limestone"
Backsplash: Caesarstone "Pacific Reflections"
Hardware: Hafele
Hood: Modernaire
Appliances: Kitchenaid
Lighting: Tresco

Features: Hydraulic hinge lift up doors
Cantilevered slabs of wood on tops of wall cabinets w/ recessed puck lighting (great
idea for houses with radiant heat in ceilings)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Absolutely breathtaking! I love the cantilevered wood and lights atop the cabinets; very, very unique. The cabinets, by the way, are so beautiful, and the hardware is a perfect match for them. And that backsplash! It's like staring into twilight...positively hypnotic. I've never seen a backsplash quite like it. GREAT choice!

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Thanks Cheryl. The pictures don't do the backsplash justice either. In real life, they are MUCH more sparkly. This kitchen does have a very soothing and calming feeling to it.....you said it perfectly....hypnotic.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

What great design! Really bold to do the backsplash in such a dramatic material. Great lines & surfaces.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

A big wow! That is a classy kitchen. I love the glass inset doors offsetting the stainless vent hood. Such a great clean look.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

This kitchen vignette, along with RiceRocket's kitchen are my two FAVORITES!!! I love the sleek, clean, sophisticated lines and I am beginning to realize how much I love cobalt blue. Thank you for sharing this inspirational kitchen.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

More, PLEASE...it's so beautiful already--I want to see more from more angles. Who did the design? Did you do it yourself?

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Thanks everybody. I did the design but my bold associates selected the countertop and backsplash. It was a real show stopper at the homeshow back in March. Everyone was drawn (hypnotically) to the blue backsplash. I must have heard a hundred times, "I don't like contemporary....but I LOVE this kitchen". I, myself, have always lived in old homes (1895, 1915 and now 1910), so I have never considered modern. I think I would seriously consider this for my home now.

I will post more pix soon, when I get a break from work.

Thanks for all your comments,
Kompy


 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Love that blue!!!

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

It's a stunner and yes, that blue is something special Kompy. For a customer, could you tell us what that backsplash would coust? LOL, I have no walls to backsplash but I'm really curious about the use of a solid material elsewhere.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Kompy,
I love contemporary and I love this kitchen. I've always wondered how well a deep rich brown would fare with blue ... and now I know. SO well! Beautiful design. I think its stunning and don't wonder at all that it made a splash at the show.

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

MsAzadi, Sorry, I will price the backsplash for you....hopefully tomorrow, if I remember. Send me a reminder email if you don't see a post by Friday.
Kompy (posting from home, not the office)

 o RE: Modern Slab Cherry w/ Caesarstone Limestone

Nothing urgent...just whenever you can. I'll give you another day... LOL

Comments:
I have the same color cabinets, but my counter is dark, but I have always wanted a blue backsplash, seeing this kitchen makes me want it more! Do you think a cobalt blue tile would give kind of the same affect?
 
I think you will need undercabinet lighting to brighten up ceramic tile. Try buying a few tiles and bringing them home. Set them up on your countertop for a few days....see how you like it.
Kompy

Ps. I never posted the cost of the backsplash. I would guess around $1300 installed for that space there.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger