neumamom's Kitchen

Classic Country Kitchen: White/Maple



Contact: neumamom (My Page)
Posted on Tue, Jan 26, 10
Link to kitchen photos: http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac311/neumamom/Kitchen%20Remodel%20December%202009/?albumviewslideshow

Details:

Background:

We built our house 17 years ago and decided it was time for an update. The original kitchen was very small, closed off, and dark so we took out a large walk-in pantry and knocked down the garage wall and borrowed a 6' X 8' from the garage. This little change made a huge difference and completely transformed our kitchen into an ideal space that looks like it has always been there. It blends very well into the existing dining room and living room giving it a very open look.

I love having lots of light! All of our lighting including the undercabinet can be dimmed. We are extremely happy with the undercabinet Xenon lighting.

Island dimensions are 39" x 86", 42" aisles on both sides, 48" from range.
I wanted the island to look like a farm table. There is plenty of room for seating and for getting through the aisle when people are seated or standing at the island.
Originally I was going to have a prep sink in the island and am glad I opted out because it took up too much valuable storage space.

Features:
Island_with_Seating
Lazy_Susan
Lighting_Pendant
Lighting_Recessed
Lighting_Under_Cabinet
Microwave_Shelf
Pullout_Pantry
Trash_Pullout




Comments:
ahhh, one of my all time faves!
 
Thank you!
 
Love your kitchen!!!
Did you use a semi-gloss or a satin finish? And did you do it with a brush or a roller??
Thanks~I am just about to start painting my cabinets and am a bit nervous. I hope it turns out as good as yours!
 
Can you tell me about your hood?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger