mamalynn's Kitchen

Green Soapstone Kitchen with Green and Cream Cabinets



Contact: mamalynn (My Page)
Posted on Fri, Jan 29, 10
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gutdoctor/sets/72157623107621940/

Details:
Background:
We bought our house new in 1981. In 1989 I closed in the deck to create a room for me. The kitchen window over the sink that looked out onto the deck became a leaded glass window looking into my room. At that time I had the upper cabinet doors removed and those cabinets painted and I changed the wallpaper and the vinyl floor as the old floor had not held up well. Nothing has been done to the kitchen since then except for the occasional new appliance as an old one died.

None of this was DIY - neither of us has any talent in that direction.

Since I built in the banquette, I was able to move the peninsula out by about a foot which allowed me to make the island a little longer. Originally the peninsula had what I assume was meant to be a breakfast bar, but it was much too narrow to be used. I had that cut down to make one large area and the overhang now extends out a bit more.

The only extra space I was able to add to the kitchen is at the coffee bar. The space for the frig already extended into the utility room and the space that had the oven and the pantry extended into the garage. I extended the rest of that wall into the garage by the same amount, roughly 6.5 ft x 2.5 ft. That gave me room for a slightly large pantry and for the coffee bar.


Features:
Apron Sink
Banquette Seating
Cabs Base>24in Deep
Cabs Wall>36in High
Coffee Center
Dish Drawer
Drainboard
Drawer Dividers
Full Extension Drawers
Glass Doors
Hood Custom
Inset Doors
Island without Seating
Lazy Susan
Lighting Recessed
Lighting Under Cabinet
Microwave Shelf
Mixer Pullout
NeverMT
Peninsula with Seating
Rollout Trays
Soap Dispenser
Spice Storage
Trash Pullout
Tray Divider
Unique Hardware
Unique Window
Wicker Baskets
Leaded beveled glass cabinet doors



Comments:
This is really beautiful. I love what you've done!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger