FAQ
FAQs

Q: How do I get my finished kitchen added to the Finished Kitchens blog?

Q: My kitchen isn't finished yet. Can I still have it added to the Finished Kitchens Blog?

Q: How can I easily view photos of all the kitchens?

Q: Is there an easy way I find all kitchens with, say, cherry cabinets?

Q: I added a comment to one of the kitchens. Why didn't it show up until the next day? And why didn't I get an answer from the kitchen owner?

Q: Could you install a timer to let me know when I've been on the site too long and it is time to go take a shower, make the bed and start dinner?

Q: Who do I contact if I still have questions?




Q: How do I get my kitchen added to the Finished Kitchens Blog?
A: Follow this procedure:
  1. First you must be a member of GardenWeb [register here] and have participated in discussions in the Kitchen Forum.

  2. Post your finished kitchen in the Kitchen Forum. Please include
    1. a "punch list" of your details
    2. a link to your photos (visit the Kitchen Forum FAQ site for help adding photos to your post.)

  3. Fill out the Finished Kitchens Category Checklist.
    Submitting this form gives starpooh permission to archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog. Your kitchen will be added to the "FKB" using several of your photos and the details from your gallery post. Within a few days you will receive a reply that your checklist has been received.
    An alternative method is to send an email to starpooh with your permission. Submission of the FKB Category Checklist is appreciated but is not required.




Q: My kitchen isn't finished yet. Can I still have it added to the Finished Kitchens Blog?
A: Although the FKB is only for finished kitchens we do have a section for In-Progress Kitchens. Please email starpooh with your GW membername and kitchen link; it will be added to the In-Progress Kitchens.



Q: Is there an easy way I find all kitchens with, say, cherry cabinets?
A: The Finished Kitchens Blog is categorized by cabinets, countertops, appliances, flooring, faucets, sinks, kitchen basics, and lots of special features. Kitchens are categorized by style, shape, size and budget. Cabinet brands are listed, as are cabinet composition, finish, color and shade. Countertops are categorized by color and by composition (wood, laminate, granite, acrylic, tile soapstone, concrete, stainless and many more). The granites are even subdivided by name. Appliances, faucets and sinks are listed by brand. But the best part is the Special Features section where you can find all kitchens with pet areas, banquette seating, TVs and even beer taps!
Use the Formatted Categories List to view the dozens of categories.
Oh, by the way, these are the kitchens with cherry cabinets.




Q: How can I easily view photos of all the kitchens?
A: Both previews and a slideshow are available.



Q:
I added a comment to one of the kitchens. Why didn't it show up until the next day? And why didn't I get an answer from the kitchen owner?
A: Comments can be posted by anyone using either their username or anonymously. Simply scroll to the bottom of the kitchen post and click on the text "Post a Comment".
Also, starpooh reserves the right to delete any comments that are inappropriate to the site (advertising, etc.).



Q: Could you install a timer to let me know when I've been on the site too long and it is time to go take a shower, make the bed and start dinner?
A: Sure, I can install a timer, but would it be effective? Most TKO folks can't stop until they've seen all the kitchens. (This was a real request!)


Q: Who do I contact if I have questions?
A: Any questions/problems with the blog should be emailed to starpooh.





Comments:
Love looking at all the fantastic ideas people have for their kitchens. One thing that would have improved use is that when you click on a name in say the "A" section that it would default as keeping the "A" list open so users don't have to keep reselecting "A" to view the next one in that category. Or maybe a "Next kitchen in A" click button? I am no web designer so maybe what I am suggesting is too tricky. Anyway, looks awesome and I loved the site- well done and thanks.
 
Starpooh,
I am using explorer... when I click on "A-B" the drop down list appear for A-B, then I click on eg allison0474... then explorer loads Allison's kitchen and the header is then as you call it 'contracted' ie : the rest of the A-B list is gone and to view the A-B list I must click on the A-B header again each time.
Thanks for asking about how it works in my PC.
 
Don't know what you did... but it works for me now! Yeah! even more addictive ohhing and ahhing over kitchens ahead of me now that it's easier!
Thanks
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger