Warm Contemporary Kitchen with IKEA Cabinets
Contact: morton5 (My Page)
Posted on Wed, May 27, 09
Link to kitchen photos: http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/stephcheff/Kitchen/
- Cabinets: Ikea Tidaholm oak in black/brown, and Adel birch in medium brown (in pantry area and planning peninsula). Shaker doors. I chose IKEA because I love their organization systems and their Blum tandembox drawers and glides. I assembled all of the cabinets myself and changed the edgebanding to match the door/drawer fronts. I was kind of excited to find "Made in Italy" stickers on all the Tidaholm doors. My GC's carpenter installed the cabinets. All drawers are full extension with soft close.
- Countertop: Madura Gold granite
- Backsplash: Jeffrey Court's Fire and Ice, enhanced, kashmir grout
- Cabinet Hardware: Hickory Hardware pulls
- Range: Bluestar 36" RNB 6-burner with island trim. The cabinet run on the range wall is pulled out 3 inches. I have a 4" strip of granite behind the range.
- Hood: Futuro Futuro 48" plane (980 cfm) venting through a 6" pipe. Installed 28 3/4in above the range.
- Ovens: GE Monogram Advantium over ZET
- Dishwasher: Bosch Integra 800 series
- Refrigerator: Samsung French door RFG297. We pulled out surrounding cabs to make the fridge look built-in.
- "Kid fridge" 24" LG LRBP1031 in Titanium-- love it! Holds the kids' yogurts, drinks, fruit, ice cream, frozen baked goods, ice packs-- and keeps the kids out of my way. In the same footprint as refrigerator drawers, I got twice the space at half the price. Between the Samsung and the LG, I have almost 40 cu. ft. of refrigerator/freezer space.
- Prep Sink Disposal: compact Badger disposal, the smallest I could find (we are on septic, so it is just used for the odds and ends I don't scoop out of the sink)."
- Faucets: Grohe K4 (prep sink) and Alira (main sink)
- Tapmaster at main sink
- Soap dispensers from Never MT web site
- Sinks: Zero radius, 15 gauge stainless from Ebay-- 30" at main sink and 23" at prep sink
- Table: Oak from reclaimed antique floor joists, from Ebay (barnseeker.com)
- Chairs: Bonded leather from Overstock-- love them
- Floors: Red oak, Refinished and stained Minwax golden oak, 3 coats of oil-based poly
- Lighting: Grundtal lights under the cabinets. I used 3 on an 80" section of horizontal cabs.
Full Extension Drawers
Horizontal Lift Doors
Island with Seating
Lighting: Above Cabinet
Lighting: Under Cabinet
Peninsula without Seating
I love your kitchen. You picked my two favorite Ikea cabinet door styles and colors. My kitchen will probably be Ikea Adel white. I have already purchased the knobs and pulls. The pulls are the same as yours. They look great. Your ideas for pulling out the cabinet run by the range and the extra refrigerator space are wonderful.
Love the kitchen! You managed to pull off flawlessly what I'm struggling with, fabulous mix of countertop and backsplash. I'm an IKEA fan and we installed adel medium brown, can't beat the hardware and storage systems. Plus we saved a bundle which we promptly spent on appliances. Congrats on a job very, very well done