sassyMNmom's Kitchen

My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!



Posted by sassyMNmom (My Page) on Sat, Sep 17, 05 at 11:39

Here's my kitchen so far...it's not super upscale like some here have, but I think I love
it! Lighting is ordered from rejuvenation, and we need to get our cabinet under the
farm sink resolved.

Some info:

Cabinets: Cardell Opus Maple soft white with brown glaze
Sink: 30" Shaw Original
Faucet: Mico Simone in ORB
Appliances: All Jenn-air
Counters: Silestone Brazilian Brown
Floors: Rustic cherry
Paint: Ellen Kennon Edgewood Green

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/sassymnmom/IMG_0990.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/sassymnmom/IMG_0989.jpg


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

It is beautiful! Is that the 20 cubic foot counter depth Jenn Air side by side? I was looking at that. Also, what is the measurement of your overhang on the island? Is it a comfortable depth? Are you putting benches there (or maybe they're already there and I can't see it). I love the combination of stainless color and cabinets. Enjoy!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

judithn...

The fridge is a 26 cu. ft, counter depth is too small for our family of 5. I like it very much, especially the 'towel bars' that run the whole length vertically...it really cuts down on fingerprints and is small child friendly.

The overhang is only 9". I will probably get stools, but will not set them out regularly. I mostly wanted the island for prep and serving, but in a pinch people could pull up a seat.


 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Very nice job.

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

OOOOHHHHH! When I see your beautiful kitchen it makes me rethink the natural cherry--only for a second, but it is SO beautiful! Congratulations on a great job!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

It looks beautiful and plenty upscale to me - but what is most important is that YOU love it!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Really beautiful. What kind of glass do I see in your cabinets? Looks pretty. Enjoy!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Very, very nice! I think it looks plenty upscale also -- Really great.

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Awesome! Enjoy. Can't wait till I can use mine/post pics of mine. :( :) In due time. Kim

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Sure looks super upscale to me. Very beautiful with soothing colors. Love your floors.

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

I love it! And I've never heard of Ellen Kennon paint. Where can I buy this? Do they have a website where I can do a retailer search ?

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Your kitchen is georgous. Did you do it yourself or hire a designer? My kithcen has been torn up after removing a wall about a year ago and I am frozen not knowing where to turn next. I need all new cabinets and flooring and the works. The people in this house are getting very impatient with me but it seems like such a big undertaking that I am scared to death. Any advice for me?

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

How wonderful! You must be thrilled with your new kitchen! Thanks for sharing. You've done a beautiful job!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

The glass I selected is called 'water glass'...sorry, I don't know more.

Go to ellenkennon.com to learn about her full spectrum paint...there are many fans on the home decorating forum.

I worked off my builder's floorplan, but all selections were entirely mine (no designer)...we had amazingly little help or guidance which was very frustrating.


 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Please make note: If you click on the "Tips" page on the Ellen Kennon web site there is a tip about using "Murphy's Oil Soap" for cleaning.

I only know my mother's experience with this. She used Murphy's Oil Soap on her Oak Cabinets and it took the finish off. It was unbelieveable! The company... "Murphy's", gave my mother a check to cover the expenses of refinishing her cabinets. So in light of that....I would not use this product on your cabinets or your painted walls. However, the product is great for getting ride of bugs on plants...LOL. Just mix 2 teaspoons in a quart of water and spray on any plant. Bugs hate it!


 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Beautiful! I have the same style range and microwave as you!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Wow! Lovely!

 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Pretty! I like the cabinets.

erykah0708-If you go to the Home Decorating forum and do a search on EK paints, you will find plently to read! *smile*


 o RE: My 80% finished kitchen...Yea!

Your kitchen is lovely. I am going to be having our Shaw sink installed soon, and am wondering what problem occured with your installation? It seems like these can be very tricky to install!

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger