eriepatch's Kitchen

Finally finished my kitchen......



Contact: eriepatch (My Page)
Posted on Wed, Jan 31, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/eriepatch/Kitchen%20Remodel/

Details:

I just finished my kitchen...painted it red and love it. I was so impressed with RedBazel's kitchen that I tried to model after it as much as I could...still working with the same late 80's orangy oak cabinets. I also painted my laundry room and mudroom and am very pleased with it all. Took me about 4 months with time out from Thanksgiving through Christmas.


As you can see from the pictures the kitchen needed updating badly. We bought the house in June 2004 when we moved my mother in with us and just lived with it for over 2 years due to time restraints while caring for her. We aren't sure how long we are staying in this house
so we didn't want to spend a large amount of money on a re-do. We did all of the wallpaper removal and painting ourselves. We also painted the popcorn ceiling.
We changed all of the hardware/hinges and did the Minwax on the cabinets. We had someone do the countertops, backsplash and the floor which also included the laundry room, mudroom, half bath and pantry off the mudroom.
While we were at it we also repainted the laundry room, and mudroom with Lowe's Eddie Bauer Patina.




Comments:
HUGE improvement!

I love the smaller-budget remodels-- most people are in your position, and it's great to see how much you can accomplish without having to do a total remodel. Thanks for sharing!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger