dlosapio's Kitchen

House is done! Take a look...


Posted by dlosapio (My Page) on Fri, Oct 28, 05 at 8:39

Finally got some pictures up of the finished first floor! There are shots of soapstone, appliances, hickory flooring, cubbies/lockers in mudroom, stone fireplace, exterior elevations, maple cabinets, bottocino subway backsplash, mahogany front door.

I learned alot here from all of you on this forum and put the advice to good use during construction. We move in a week from today! Thanks to you all for the help!

http://photobucket.com/albums/c338/stop_go/?start=all

Here is a link that might be useful: New Pictures!


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Its beautiful!!!!! Very similar to my "under construction" kitchen so I must say that you have very good taste. Love the backsplash. What is it???

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

What a beautiful home! I love your kitchen, windows, fireplace, floor...everything. It all goes so beautifully together. Congratulations on a great design and layout that I know you'll enjoy for many years to come. I'll bet you can't wait to move in!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Thanks for the compliments!

Pixie...the backsplash is Botticino tumbled marble subway tiles and the countertops are soapstone - Green Mountain Ice Flower.


 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Wow, all the decisions over and it looks wonderful. Love the counters and the floor.

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Really beautiful! I can only imagine how excited and pleased you must be!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Okay, I'm having MAJOR soapstone envy....LOL

Beautiful. You built my dream house....! Perfect, and I love the transom windows.

Hope you have many happy, healthy years there.


 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Beautiful home. What wood did you use for the cabinets? Are they glazed? What granite is on the island?

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Gorgeous!! When's the housewarming?

 o Thanks!

Trudymom, the cabinets are maple with a caramel glaze and the granite on the island is juparana delicatus. There were two different slabs of this stuff, one was more yellow than this one and it had alot less variation in the color. We like this one and felt it would tie the backsplash, soapstone, stainless , and granite together.

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Beautiful!! We have soapstone w/Bottochino tumbled subways as well, so naturally I love it. I love the granite you picked to compliment the SS. We were orginally going to do granite on the island but my DH wanted dark granite and we couldn't find one that worked well w/our SS. I told him if we want granite we should go light to compliment rather than compete and yours' does just that!

Very beautiful house!!


 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Love the island granite. Just beautiful on the outside, as well. Congrats!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Gorgeous home!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Your new home is gorgeous! I love the kitchen layout - you're very lucky to have had the width to do it with the angled peninsula! I see that you have KitchenAid Architect series appliances - I just ordered mine last night - single convection oven, trash compactor, dish drawers, french door fridge and wine chiller. Hope you like them as much as I hope to!!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Oooh, it's all yummy! Great job!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

Wow! What a great house! I'm in love with the window and door styles too. Great kitchen, I'm sure you'll love it. Remember to seal the backsplash. Mine is the same tumbled marble and with the sealer, clean-up is a breeze!

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

We have almost the same colored cabinets! Do yours have a glaze?

Where is your mudroom area? I love that idea. I think I may be able to incorporate a smaller version toward the garage door. You're not putting up doors, right?


 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

compumom...what sealer did you use on your backsplash? I have been wondering about sealing it and the installers weren't much help in pointing me in any direction.

Natsmom...yes, the cabinets are maple with a caramel glaze. The mudroom is located on the garage side of the kitchen. We have a split 3 car garage, so basically a 2 car garage and then a 1.5 bay garage on the other side. The mudroom has a door into both garages and the laundry room is off the mudroom. There are no doors planned for the cubbies but they could always be added if we want to later.

Thanks to all for the kind words!


 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

My compliments! The cabinets are beautiful and a color I will definitely check into. What brand are they? And where did you find your pendants? Simple and classic. I love it all! Another great inspiration for my just framed home...

 o RE: House is done! Take a look...

erinbright, thank you, the cabinets are custom made by a local cabinet maker, they are maple with a caramel glaze.

good luck with your home!


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger