MaiaA's Kitchen

We're finally in the gallery!



Posted by MaiaA (My Page) on Tue, Oct 25, 05 at 15:39

After what seems like forever, we are finally finished enough that I feel I can post in the gallery. Phew! (I thought we'd never finish!)

Thank you to all of you who provided such great advice, resources and support during the remodel. And best of luck to those of you still in the midst of planning or remodeling. I hope to hang around awhile and contribute to the forum as a small thank you for everything I learned here!


Our finished kitchen

http://69.30.97.216/pictures/projects/kitchenfinal/


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Beautiful. Love your kitchen.

What granite did yuou use?

Tracy


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Beautiful job and it looks like it is great to work in. I love the backsplash. Congratulations.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

It's Santa Cecelia Light. 3 cm. Eased edge.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Wow!! your kitchen is really gorgeous! one of the best ones! congrats!!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

WONDERFUL!!
I am so envious of these spacious, beautiful kitchens.
Thank you for sharing.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

That is an amazing kitchen!
Very well done!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Very, very nice. Such a warm rich-looking space. And very practical. You must be enjoying it very much.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Wonderful kitchen!! What tile did you use for your backsplash?

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Beautiful...I too have a question...where did you get the stools from and how much? Are the counter-height? Congrats for the nice kitchen!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Backsplash is tumbled marble. I don't remember any of the names for tile or insets, but if you would like me to find them, just let me know (I know they are around here somewhere!)

Barstools are by Tempo and they are counterheight, not bar height. I think they were around $200/ea. We ordered them from a local barstool shop . . . most of this style barstool had cutouts on the back (either pool balls or martini glasses) but we ordered ours plain.


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Very tastefully done kitchen! Beautiful wall color that compliments the light maple wonderfully. I love the pendants as well...I almost choose the same ones!

It clearly is a well thought out kitchen that is I'm sure a dream to work in now!

Great Job.


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Great kitchen! I am also considering Kitchen Craft cabinets. Did you find there was a considerable savings going with buycabinets over a local dealer for Kitchen Craft?

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Maia,
You did a wonderful job on your kitchen! What a well planned out space that's warm and homey. I would want to spend all my time in the kitchen. The eye is drawn from one beautiful thing to the next. You will enjoy your kitchen for many years to come!! (Where is the picture of the kiddos?)
JOY

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Incredible kitchen!! Extremely well thought out and organized as well as a beautiful combination of materials. You have thought of everything someone (especially a TKO) could possibly want in their kitchen. Bravo!!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Your kitchen is amazing! You did a great job. I love your attention to detail. I think that is what makes a kitchen well done. I have a question regarding the tapmaster. I am considering one for my kitchen. Can you explain how they work. Do you only turn on the faucet by the foot petal or can you still use the faucet handles??

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Stunning kitchen. The crown molding to the ceiling just really adds the finishing touch. I also loved the way you were able to work in the red into the kitchen. You have to be smiling everytime you go into the kitchen.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

MaiaA, Exquisite. You did fantastic. Really enjoyed all the pix!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

MaiaA,

I love the way it turned out. The backsplash-awesome!! I remember e-mailing you months ago about your barstools. I think we are going to end up using the Tempo ones also. Everything looks so great together. Congrats.


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Well done! And you have such wonderful details -- love your backsplash detail. And your spices/oils pull out drawers are super. I think you'll love the functionality and beauty of this kitchen for years to come. CONGRATULATIONS on all your choices!!!!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Stunning kitchen, and you seem to have thought of everything. (Now, could you please come do mine?) I would also love to hear about the tapmaster, and also why you are switching faucets.

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

JoyOR . . .no pictures of the kiddos . . . I've been too busy taking pictures of the kitchen! LOL

ChristineNY - the tapmaster has two settings. The main one I use is that I just push and hold with my foot when I want the water to come on, release for the water to go off. You can also lock it "on". At that point the handle on the faucet works like a normal faucet. I was doubtful at first, but I can tell you after living with the tapmaster for amost a year a half that I would NEVER go back to not having one, and that I rarely use the "lock on" feature--usually just when I have people visiting.

DonnainMD - I highly recommend the Tempo stools. We've had them for a couple of months and they are holding up really well. They take a beating from the kids, but they clean up beautifully and are really comfortable.

linley1 - I did get a savings by going through buycabinets. But we ordered back in January, so I don't know if things have changed lately (I just haven't checked). One thing to consider is that buycabinets does a LOT of business with Kitchencraft. I would assume this is a good relationship to leverage when wanting replacement cabinets, etc. from the factory. If you go with a local dealer they probably sell a fair amount of Kitchencraft, but I would venture to guess it is nowhere near the volume of buycabinets.

ketinmd - I am switching faucets for a couple of reasons. First of all the faucet I purchased didn't function the way it was advertised (that it would stay on spray when I turned the water off and back on again). When I checked with the manufacturer they said to give it a month, the valve would break and that it would stay on spray or stream (whichever way I left it) when the water was turned off and back on. True to their word, one month later the switch failed. So, it now works the way I want it to, sort-of but I'm just not impressed with the quality of the faucet. Plus, it is very splashy and too big for that space. I bought it from Costco.com so they will take it back at any time. I just need to choose a replacement faucet . . .and then bribe my plumber into coming back. Apparently, the space in which it is installed is the smallest they have ever worked in and they said they will change it for me--ONCE! Luckily, the plumber is a good friend so I think I'll be able to talk him into it.


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Maia - Your kitchen looks wonderful - the cabinets are warm and lovely and the detail inyour backsplash is beautiful.

wishing you many years of enjoyment.


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Oh Maia, it's superb! Such a beautiful kitchen and it looks very user friendly, too. Best of all, it's warm and inviting. Great job!!!

 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

Maia ~ What a beautiful kitchen!
I love the red walls... what color paint did you use?

btw... I have added your kitchen to the Finished Kitchens blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Kitchens blog


 o RE: We're finally in the gallery!

You guys are all so nice with the compliments--it was a lot of work and it makes me smile that I created something others can enjoy too!

Starpooh, thank you so much for the Finished Kitchens Blog--what a great job you've done! And thanks for adding me. Paint color is Cayenne by Divine Paints (found at Miller Paints). I don't know how it is showing up in pictures, but it really is a great color--I was so afraid of red but so many people were trying to talk me into it that I finally gave it a whirl. It was just what the kitchen needed!

======================

Our completed kitchen remodel

Posted by MaiaA (My Page) on Tue, Oct 25, 05 at 15:25

We are finally close enough to being finished that I can post pictures. A heartfelt thanks to all those who provided invaluable support and advice during our remodel. And best wishes to all those still in the planning/remodeling phase.


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Our completed kitchen remodel

Ok . . . I don't know why it did not include my link . . .sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to our kitchen pictures


 o RE: Our completed kitchen remodel

Very pretty. How long did your remodel take?

 o RE: Our completed kitchen remodel

We began demo in March and granite was installed in early June. So, the heart of the remodel took about 8 weeks. It took another 4 weeks or so for the backsplash. Since then we've been working on painting, getting barstools, etc.

 o RE: Our completed kitchen remodel

It's very lovely. I wish I had enough space for built-in plugs for cellphones and camera. What a great idea!

 o RE: Our completed kitchen remodel

Maia, What a difference between the old and the new kitchen! You did a great job in what seems record time. I really like your granite, and of course that cellphone drawer! Congratulations on a job well done.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger