MaryLynnNC's Kitchen

Finished white kitchen



Contact: MaryLynnNC (My Page)
Posted on Tue, May 9, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/MaryLynnNC/Kitchen/

Details:
The kitchen is about 18x20 to the end of the island.
We really do like the plugmold. All the small appliances are stored underneath it. Just pull one out and plug it in, when finished it is easy to put away.
The floor wasn't too bad to do once we got the hang of it. I am pleased with the tung oil finish. Perfect for the farmhouse feel.
We have a 3 inch overhang on the countertops to compensate for the lack of toekick area. It is working out fine. No kicks yet!


Posted by: jenswrens (My Page) on Tue, May 9, 06
I was just about to ask the name of your marble. But then I looked at your list...it's laminate! Wow!


Posted by: flyleft (My Page) on Tue, May 9, 06
Pionite should pay you to shoot an ad in your kitchen. Seriously.


Posted by: marylynnnc (My Page) on Wed, May 10, 06
flyleft, DH agreed with you. I think he is actually going to send Pionite some pictures. We'll see what happens. We sure did use a lot of their product didn't we!


Comments:
What a lovely kitchen! How are you finding it working without toe kicks? I'm also curious about your use of tung oil. how long did it take each coat of finish to dry and how many coats of oil did you use?
 
Malin, We have a 3" countertop overhang to compensate for the lack of toekick area. No problems at all so far.
We put on 3 coats of tung oil letting it dry 24 hours between coats and then 7 days after the final coat before furniture was brought in. We walked on it after 2 or 3 days with sock feet only.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger