mike7142's Kitchen

Kraftmaid, Bluestar, Asko, LG, DONE



Contact mike7142 (My Page) Posted on Fri, Jan 6, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcrocit/my_photos

Details:
It would be my pleasure to go on at length about all of the many choices I made along the way. The flooring is a porcelain tile of Italian origin made to look like travertine. I wanted the strength of the porcelain. I wound up removing two layers of plywood sub-flooring due to dry rot, and I replaced them with 3/4" sub-flooring, thinset, Hardi-backer, thinset, then the tile. The cabinets are by Kraftmaid, from the Venicia line. The doorstyle is Vela, and the color is Crema Satin. The door and drawer pulls are from Ikea, they are "Lansa". Granite is Santa Cecilia. The paint is from Lowe's Laura Ashley collection and the color is "Sand 4". For lighting, I chose 4" Low Voltage ICT, airtight fixtures from Cooper lighting's Halo line. For appliances I chose the Bluestar RNB366, a six-burner single oven that accepts full-size restaurant sheet pans and has two 22,000BTU burners. The dishwasher is an ASKO, and the LG french door. The range hood is a Vent-a-Hood euro-pro with emerald lip. I still can't believe it's mine!

I'm 99% done with this gut-to-studs remodel on my kitchen. I did it all myself, and am pretty happy with my choices. I wanted a modern look, but wanted a warm feeling.

Start to finish took me just under 8, yes I said 8 LONG months. Most of that though was because I hadn't made some of the important decisions in a timely manner. (ie, Range, cabinets, and lighting) The next one, (which I am starting this month on an investment property I bought)I will make sure everything is on site before I start demolition. And yes, I think I would [hire someone else next time].



Comments:
What a beautiful kitchen! Such creative mix of materials!! Do you mind sharing some more information about the floor tile?
Thanks!
 
What a beautiful kitchen! Such creative mix of materials!! Do you mind sharing some more information about the floor tile?
Thanks!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger