DoggieMom's Kitchen

I'm done!


Posted by DoggieMom (My Page) on Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 9:06

My kitchen "facelift" is 99% complete. I just need to add some switchplates and the undercabinet lighting. The house is 9 1/2 years old and the kitchen needed an update. Like many before me I want to thank everyone on this forum for your help, ideas and support. I know I am happier with the way the kitchen turned out as a result of the ideas I've gotten and the things I've learned here. And having this forum to turn to during the rough patches truly helped my anxiety level! Here are my details:

Perimeter cabinets are original - painted in Vellum by Porter with chesnut glaze - upgraded molding
Island and fridge cabs are Kraftmaid birch with chocolate glaze
Countertops - Tropic Brown granite
Cooktop - Kitchenaid
Sink - Elkay double bowl
Faucet - Kohler Vinnata (like you didn't know)
Backsplash - Daltile Continental Slate in Brazilian green with natural slate border
Wine Cooler - GE Profile

I'll post a couple more pics when the undercabinet lights go in. Thanks! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy's kitchen update


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: I'm done!

Amy,

I saw the Before pictures and was impressed and even more blown away with the After.

Gorgeous cabinet refinishing. I especially love how your builder did the window over the sink by dressing it up with the moulding. Great job and fantastic color scheme!


 o RE: I'm done!

Beautiful transformation!!! Love everything about your new kitchen. Enjoy!

 o RE: I'm done!

Beautiful job. I love the backsplash and how it works with your beautiful countertop. Just lovely! The new island looks great with the kitchen. Great job!

 o RE: I'm done!

I also thought the before were great and loved the finished face lift. I love the pendant over the sink - What brand? the whole color scheme is so warm and cozy. You did a great job. The backsplash is a wonderful backdrop to a very beautiful kitchen!

 o RE: I'm done!

I thought that first "before" pic was an after. If my kitchen looked that good I wouldn't be traveling down this road, I can tell you that! LOL

Looks beautiful! Enjoy!!!


 o RE: I'm done!

Wow -- it was nice before, but now it's so...chic! I love the granite & the slate together colors.

 o RE: I'm done!

The transformation is beautiful. Must be fun to have a whole new look. I have a question about your appliances, the micro, oven, and stove. Could you please tell me the brand/model of each of them? I think that's what I'm looking for. Thanks!!

 o RE: I'm done!

AWESOME! I am very partial to diamond shapes and love how your backsplash came out. Like everyone else, I love it all. Your kitchen wasn't bad before, but WOW it is great now. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

 o RE: I'm done!

Stunning. Truly -- just lovely. It's amazing how big of a transformation you created from something that was already very nice to something spectacular. I'm impressed and particularly fond of the backsplash. To die for, dahling!

 o RE: I'm done!

doggiemom I love it! You did what we are doing... paint over our existing cabinets. You are lucky to have the raised panel doors... we just have inset panels, and the extra dimension you have looks so much better with the glazing.

I love your backsplash, and the hardware, and everything... you did a great job! How cool to fit the wine refridge in where there was a desk before! Much better use, probably. Enjoy!


 o RE: I'm done!

Wow, I really love what you've done - all the more amazing that you refinished the cabinets yourself!! The backsplash is gorgeous too! I'm a sucker for green, and the tile you chose is a great green.

 o RE: I'm done!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments! I love my backsplash but the pictures don't do it justice. The colors are beautiful! (IMHO) :)

NatesGram - My oven and microwave are originial to the house and are 9 1/2 years old. They are JennAir. The cooktop is new, it is Kitchenaid model #KGCS105GSS with a retractable downdraft vent in back.

diykitchen - We never used the desk area as a desk so that big hole underneath was just wasted space. We love wine so that seemed like a better option, (looks cool too).

acomom - I love green too, in fact, the backsplash was the first element I chose for the kitchen. I wish the photos could do justice to the colors, it's got a lot of variation and is very organic looking. My granite is Tropic Brown which can vary quite a bit, I specifically chose slabs that have green undertones with clear black specks and I'm very happy with the way it looks with the backsplash.

Thanks!


 o RE: I'm done!

Terrific job! It all looks wonderful! Enjoy it now!!

 o RE: I'm done!

Oops, missed one question.
drmom2nh - I don't even know what brand the pendant is. I got it at Lowe's for about $38. I looked at several more expensive ones but didn't see anything I liked better. Love it when that happens!

Comments:
It looks like you have a single trash pullout in the island. Are you happy with that, or do you wish you got the double trash pullout?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger