Diane2566's Kitchen

Soapstone counters



Contact: Diane2566 (My Page)
Posted on Fri, Oct 21, 05
Link to photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/haist2

Details:

Cabinets: quarter sawn oak made by a custom cabinet maker
Countertops: Mariana soapstone from Walker Zanger (Hayward)
Backsplash: Motawi tiles
Cooktop: Wolf with the six burners and a grill

Spice rack: The kitchen cabinet maker suggested using the space beside the oven for a spice rack. See the pictures listed under "new kitchen". It is really nice and uses otherwise wasted space. I put all the spices in alphabetical order for easy finding.

Color in the living room is Benjamin Moore "Rosemary Sprig" and the fireplace wall is Benjamin Moore "Great Barrington Green".



Comments:
What kind of tile did you use on your backsplash?
 
I wish I had your kitchen, I just love evertything about it. Now that you have been living with your soapstone for awhile, please tell me how it has held up, and if you know what kind it is, please tell. Thankyou
 
I have an arts and crafts home and am remodeling my kitchen. I like the idea of soapstone counters and a slate or hardwood floor. It has a yellow backsplash with a black border, but I'm wondering whether Mexican tiles might be consistent and just a little more interesting in the backsplash. Any thoughts?
 
We have a hardwood floor. I wonder if the slate floor would be too much with the soapstone counters? I also wonder if Mexican style tiles would be good for an Arts and Crafts style home.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger