Pat & Scotts' kitchen + addition - repost
Posted by scotty_boy
(My Page) on Tue, Oct 21, 03 at 12:50
|Looks like my original post fell off the list. I've had several folks ask me to repost our|
kitchen/addition photos. I had a contractor do the shell of the structure and the
mechanicals. I did the flooring, finish carpentary (including the kitchen install),
painting, etc. Our house originally was 2000 sq. ft. 1928 colonial located in Nashua,
NH. With this addition, the house now has over 2500 sq. ft.
- Project started May 2002 - completed July 2003
- Project included the following:
. 18.5'x 12' two story addition
. increased the kitchen from a 8.5'x15' galley to 21'x 12' with island
. blew out existing 1 1/2 baths and finished with 2 1/2 baths (relocated kids bath and
. blew out existing master bed room and increased its size
. added a mud room
. added a laundry room off kitchen
- Kitchen specifics
. Cabinets are Kraftmaid shaker style (can't remember the name) cherry with honey
(lightest) stain - bought them from BestBuyKitchens.com (they unfortunately no
longer work outside FL)
. Floor is a maple engineered floating floor - pain to lay but was a great deal I got off
. Sink is a Whitehaus Collection
. Faucet is a Mico Seashore brushed nickel also procured off eBay.
. Countertops are Brazilian soapstone on the outside and the island is maple and
cherry butcherblock. The soapstone came from VT Marble, Granite, Slate and
Soapstone. The butcherblock from AWP in KY.
. The backsplash is beadboard except behind the sink and range which is the same
. Rohl brushed nickel Pot Filler
. Appliances (didn't buy any new since we had most):
- Maytag Gemini range (electric)
- GE Monogram 36in side by side fridge w/matching wood panels
- Uline Combo75A undercounter fridge/ice maker - the beverage center with
matching wood panel
- Whirlpool over the range microwave - will likely replace in the future with a GE
- Maytag dishwasher with matching wood panel
. Light fixtures
- recessed lights are standard 6" new construction.
- Devenshire pewter mini pendants - matching close ceiling fixture in mudroom.
- rope light in glass doored cabinets
- halogen hockey pucks for under counter lighting
. Trimwork in kitchen and mudroom
- Same MDF beadboard used on the backsplash. Originally thought we'd put a plate rail to match and existing plate rail in our dining room but decided to put a beaded detailed 1"x5" with Shaker pegs every 12". Provided an easy way to hang calendars, hats, decorations, etc.
- Island was trimmed with the same beadboard and baseboard used on the walls.
- Ceiling was trimmed with the same beadboard and finished with a small crown moulding.
- Stained glass transom in kitchen is an antique that I found. Was not original to the house.
- Made a chaulk/magnet board on the side of the pantry cabinet where a side skin was forgotten.
. Trim/beadboard is Behr Cottage White semi-gloss
. Wall above beadboard is Pratt&Long (sp?) Spanish Red
I think that covers most of the items I've been questioned about in the past. Now that we've been using the kitchen in a finished state for about 5 months, all we can say is WE LOVE IT!
Here is a link that might be useful: Pat & Scotts' Kitchen: