mandysbaba's Kitchen

Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen



Posted by mandysbaba (My Page) on Tue, Jan 3, 06 at 20:15

We are finally almost done and just wanted to post some pictures at long last. Have to do this on the run, but some brief info:

Cabinets: Ikea Nexus Birch and Abstrakt Red--a cabinet over the desk area is on order
Appliances: GE Monogram
French Door Fridge: LG
Sinks: American Standard
Faucets: Elkay Ferrara

Still need to put up more pictures, etc., and the baseboards, but we are nearly there, and very happy with the results. Thanks for all the help from everyone on the site!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pix



Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

WOW! I love the the combination of the Birch and the high gloss red! Mandysbaba, you did a great job! Congrats on a fine looking kitchen. Now go enjoy your little mini-vacation -- you deserve it!

Susan


 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

Oh my gosh, mandysbaba! I love that! It looks wonderful. You're making me think an orange back door would be perfect in my space. ;-) I should run that by my design consultant.

It really is gorgeous: the cabs, the countertops. Did I already say wow?


 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

VERY cool!! I love the red!Well done!

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

And I like it too! The red and birch look cool together - quite hip I think.

Enjoy


 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

Woohoo! I'm so happy to finally see your kitchen, and it looks even better than I imagined. Congratulations and I hope you really enjoy the kitchen once you return home from vacation.

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

It looks great! Can you give details on your overhead lighting fixtures? They look cool.

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

Just wonderful, mandysbaba! I may be spacing, but what will the backsplash be? And what will be going in between the two big columns of red cabs on that far wall? The tan counter is a brilliant choice--really smart. What is it again?

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

Bold and beautiful!! I love your choice of granite with the birch and red, it really flows nicely. This is one sharp and gutsy kitchen!!

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

On our way to the airport to visit our son and daughter-in-law in Ft. Lauderdale, but a few notes. The desk area will have an overhead red cabinet that is on order. Have not done anything about backsplashes yet because I have those hanging rails on each side. I was going to do glass panels in the first concept but for now I am OK. The wall color is vanilla. The island (wider than normal because we used 2 24 inch cabinet banks, and there is a small area between the two sections to make it easier to install the downdraft. My husband tied the two sides together by using some of the stainless look plinth--good idea, huh! The island countertop is madura gold granite, an even pattern. the two sides are a much more dramatic granite--verniz tropical. I will look up the light fixture names when we get back. We have two halogen fixtures over the table, and two new design fluorescent over the main part of the kitchen. When we finish completely we are going to take detailed pictures, in case anyone is interested. Thanks all for the kind words!!!!!

 o RE: Red/Birch IKEA Kosher Kitchen

Mandysbaba, I just love the unabashed boldness in your kitchen. It all works so beautifully together. Those red cabinets are amazing. Is the rest of your home done in a modern style as well?

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger