valincal's Kitchen

Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno



Posted by valincal (My Page) on Wed, Jun 8, 05 at 14:16

The kitchen/family room reno is finally 99% complete. I still need to get glass for the upper cabinets in the fireplace surround, and am waiting for island chairs that are on order. I am going to cover our old ottoman, and make some new cushions and a table runner, too. Thanks to everyone here for their help in my decision making!

We kept our old oak cabinets, but had them built up to the ceiling (I was sick of the dust). Our carpenter built a new island and fireplace surround of MDF.

Wall paint is BM Decatur Bluff
Island/Fireplace Surround Lacquer - BM Putnam Ivory
Paint over fireplace - BM Boston Brick (also on another wall in the entry way)

3/4" Tropic Brown granite, double bullnose edge

Backsplash - 2"X4" Tumbled Brown Travertine

Drawer and Cupboard pulls - Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Lee Valley

Kitchen Aid electric slide-in range with convection oven and warming drawer.
Broan hood fan.
Blanco silgranite 1 3/4 sink in anthracite
Price-Pfister Marielle faucet

Fireplace stone - Carmel Mountain Quick Stack

The pictures in the album are a little out of order.

Here is a link that might be useful: Valincal's Kitchen and Family Room Reno

http://photobucket.com/albums/b88/valincal/


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

what a beautiful transformation. I love the backsplash tiles.....simple elegance...gorgeous! Both rooms turned out lovely and I'm sure you're enjoying every second in there! Great job.

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

VERY nice!!! Love your backsplash tiles. Enjoy!

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

Wow! Your carpenter did a wonderful job! I love the backsplash and your shutters are great! I'm confused about your faucet, though! I have the PP Marielle and it looks completely different! hmmm. Enjoy!!!

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

Hi Maggie...I guess a few of them are called "Marielle", LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Price Pfister Faucets


 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

Wow, great job! Very cozy and inviting; especially love your wall colors. Enjoy!

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

Oh Thanks Val - I was really scratching my head over that one! When I first saw your details I was so excited because I thought maybe I wasn't the only crazy one to get a faucet with everything separate (4 holes!)...Lol! Enjoy your space! I really like your hardware too. Post those stools when you get them!

 o RE: Valincal's Kitchen Family Room Reno

I echo everyone. Wonderful job. Very warm. I used that same stone in my house...love it.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger