cat_mom's finished kitchen
Contact: cat_mom (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Feb 17, 08
Links to kitchen photos: http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/cat_mom/Finished%20Kitchen%20Photos/
- Cabinets: Royal Cabinet Company (http://www.royalcabinet.com). Cherry veneer in a "flame" grain pattern with slab doors. Our cabinet stain/color is actually a quarter-cut version of Royal's Harvest Gold stain (basically a "watered down" stain), 20% sheen for the finish grain matched from top to bottom of each cabinet/drawer stack, and side to side where possible or necessary, matching cherry wood light rails under the upper cabinets, maple veneer interiors, plywood boxes, wood shelves, dovetail drawer boxes, all wood full-width pullouts.
- Countertop: Labrador Golden Flake granite http://www.igmcorp.com/pGranite/labradorGoldenFlake.html (the place we got it) http://www.thegraniteshop.net/materials/02expanded/lab_golden_flake.htm (another picture, maybe a better representation of it).
- Backsplash is from Artistic Tile: http://artistictile.com/Collections/?place=3191&category=33 (Stilato pattern in Wolfgang White; installed vertically).
- Our handles are from Valli and Valli: http://www.vallievalli.com/vcrmobile/home.php?lingua=eng&page=serie&id_serie=389 (style A 230 in sizes A, B, and C).
- Hidden pulls are from Hafele: http://www.hafele.com/us/external/catalog/decorative/244-259.pdf (Page 245, the black one, but the smaller size--not as wide).
- Julien sinks (Nicole Arsenault in Customer Service is a doll!): http://www.julien.ca/en/products/residential/index.html (ours is from the urban edge collection; model # 3715; 30" X 17" X 10", plus the matching sink grid).
- Grohe faucet; the Ladylux Café: http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33755/ (we got the all stainless steel version, see bottom of page), the soap dispenser (Model # 28 857 SDO,stainless steel) and the Ladylux Pro pot filler faucet (stainless steel): http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/31042/.
- Handles, sink, faucets, and soap dispenser came from Hardware Designs in Fairfield, NJ: http://www.hardware-designs.com/ (Sean Sweeney—great salesperson!).
- Wolf Range: http://wolfappliance.com/ (we got the Wolf AG 36" with six burners; Model R366), purchased from Leibert's Royal Green Appliances: 228 E Post Rd White Plains, NY 10601 914-949-5999 (they do a lot of Wolf/SZ volume, so offered good pricing on our range).
- Pando hood: http://www.pando.es/ (we got the P900, not sure if it’s on their site, which isn’t a great site by the way).
- Miele dishwasher: http://www.miele.com/usa/dishwashers/product.asp?model=353&series=76&cat=2 (Miele Optima, fully integrated).
- GE microwave: http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=JEM31SF&SITEID=GEA (JEM31SF with trim kit).
- KitchenAid 42" built-in refrigerator (in stainless steel):
- Dishwasher, microwave, range hood, and refrigerator came from Reno’s Appliances (Elmwood Park, NJ store, now moved to Patterson, NJ. Also located in Fairfield, NJ): http://www.renosappliance.com/
- Andersen 6 ft wide three window bow window: http://www.andersenwindows.com/servlet/Satellite/AW/AWProduct/awProductDetail/AWProduct/
1135095640489/1102951372825?model=400+Series+10+Casement+Bow+Window&pc=Window&tab=1-1 (Pine interior—stained to match the cherry cabinets, Terratone exterior, Tru Scene insect screens—wood veneer interior stained to match the cherry cabinets, satin nickel Estate handles/hardware).
- We got all blumotion glides and hinges on our drawers, pullouts, and cabinet doors. All glides are 75 lb rated except for the mixer pullout which is 110 lb rated. We also got the soft close hinge clips from blum for all the hinges: http://www.blum.us/usa/en/index.jsp Most of the hinges are 150 or 170 degree opening hinges (except in doors that just can’t be opened more than 90-110 degrees because of their location. Those will keep the 110 degree opening hinges). The 170 degree hinges allow for full width pullouts, and seem to be easier on the edges of the doors themselves.
- Wood switchplates are from Arnev Products, Inc.: http://www.arnev.com/ (cherry on message center wall and on island, ordered unstained/unfinished and then stained and finished by Royal Cabinets to match the cabinets, maple ones used inside one or two cabinets, ordered with poly, no stain).
- Our under cabinet (U/C) lighting is Kichler Linear Lighting (xenons) with black tracks, wiring, stabilizer clips, splicer boxers, and bulb holders:
- Our fan is from the Matthews Fan Company (Edwin is a great help with any questions!): http://www.matthewsfanco.com/Matthews%20Pages/Bettina-Main.html# (the Vent Bettina in polished chrome with mahogany blades).
- Our heating in the kitchen consists of two toe kick heaters from Turbonics http://www.turbonicsinc.com/ (two Kickster +4’s, one on each side of the island).
- Our counter stools are from Design Centro Italia/italydesign.com (Nathan): http://www.merchantmanager.com/ita6377/MM001.ASP?pageno=933 (Baba black leather counter height stools).
- Our stepstool is from Williams-Sonoma: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/h167/index.cfm?cm%5Fsrc=PRODVIEW&showsku=6049753 (Ultraslim Compact Aluminum Step Ladder, 2-Step).
- Our dishtowels are from Wm. A. Kilian Hardware Co. (online): http://kilian.stores.yahoo.net/ritflemwonto.html (Ritz Flemish Wonder Towel).
- White oak floor, no stain, 3 coats Bona Traffic poly.
- Walls are painted with Benjamin Moore White 01 wall paint in AquaVelvet finish.
- Hoffritz timer with clock http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/ecomm/Itemdetail.asp?T1=F8243800&AID=10297151&PID=1457535&SID