micklessor's Kitchen

Kitchen pics


Posted by micklessor (My Page) on Fri, Jun 10, 05 at 11:15

This is my first time trying to post pics...if it works yea! Thanks to all who have helped...I've learned so much by lurking on this site for 4 months!

Here is a link that might be useful: Micklessor's Kitchen


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Kitchen pics

You'll need to unlock your photobucket gallery first; it wants us to log in.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

I think I unlocked it, can you see them now?

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen pics - again


 o RE: Kitchen pics

Love your kitchen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many nice details !! Looks old-fashioned, but new !
Your laundry area is wonderful !! The whole look is just great !! Looks crisp and cottage-y !! So inviting !! Enjoy !!!

Chris


 o RE: Beautiful

Yes, that's better.

Very pretty! I'm thinking of white with subway tile too, for my in-the-future kitchen remodel. I like this.


 o RE: Kitchen pics

Very pretty! Love those arches and the gorgeous red French doors!!!

 o RE: Kitchen pics

FABULOUS! You must be thrilled. So tell us about your wood counter. It looks great with the marble. the whole kitchen is wonderful.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Very beautiful! I love the red door.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Thank you all for the nice comments - when you live day to day with the details you don't really see the whole picture.

Our house is a small 1930's Tudor- (1466 sf) and we live in an historical conservation district - so just about anything you want to do to the house you have to get the city's approval.

The wood counter is Jatoba from DeVos Woodworking here in TX- I originally wanted a darker color, but this seems to compliment the cherry door in the back.

I'm sure I'm insane for having wood on one side and carrara on the other - we think twice before setting anything down - but eventually it will have the lived in look of the rest of the house.

We did the bathroom too- but I haven't figured out how to take pictures of it - it too is small!


 o RE: Kitchen pics

Very pretty kitchen and laundry--clean and timeless! Good job!

 o RE: Kitchen pics

oh I love it! You have absolutely managed to achieve a new kitchen that looks like it has always been there! I hope the conservationists are happy, they should be!

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Really very nice. I love the white cabinets with the carrara marble counters, in particular - they look spectacular with your rich cork floor(?) . Very nice. Looks great with that wonderful red door. You're have a very nice spacious looking kitchen. What door is that?

 o RE: Kitchen pics

mindstorm - thank you. Yes, the floor is cork (Expanko Traditional Light 12x12 square tiles) - the French doors were made here locally (Dallas) by Wilson Woodworking - We looked at Pella (which the windows are) but decided that the Wilson looks just as nice and it was much cheaper.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

What a wonderful kitchen! I love the choice of marble and wood for countertops and I love the arch over the sink window -- lots of great details. Looks like a perfect marriage of house and kitchen. Congratulations.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Looks great...and so much like the look I'm going for! I'm even trying to fit in some corner-space cabinetry like you have your microwave in, with cupboards/drawers on two different sides--so it's nice to see what that looks like once it's actually built (and not just in my head!) What are the dimensions on that corner unit?

Is the cabinetry a local custom job?

Kelly


 o RE: Kitchen pics

White cabinets with marble & wood - that is a classic, clean look that I have always admired when I see it in magazines such as Traditional Home. Your kitchen will be admired for many years to come. Enjoy!

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Your kitchen is a delight, esp. the inset cabs....wonderful choices everywhere I look. Be happy!

 o RE: Kitchen pics

Classic and timeless! That red door just sets the tone for the kitchen. I have such laundry room envy! Great job.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

It is beautiful! What is your subway tile?

 o RE: Kitchen pics

I guess I should give the details of these pictures - I didn't realize how many people would be interested -

Floor: Cork - Expanko Tiles - Traditional Light
Cabinets: Custom
Counters: Jatoba Wood and Carrara Marble
Tile: DalTile Rittenhouse Sq. 3"x6" Subway and Keystone colors for the mosaic in the laundry area
Windows - Pella Architect Series
Door -Wilson Woodworking (local - I think)

Architect/GC: Rick Carter of The Carter Co. (excellent)

Appliances:
Fridge - SZ 650
Range - Viking 30" Dual Fuel
Hood - Viking 10" (free w/purchase of range - promo)
DW- Bosch SHU53A
W/D - Bosch Axxis
Sink - Elkay undermount double bowl
Faucet - Price Pfister Georgetown
Disposal - Insinkerator
Takagi Tankless Water heater


 o RE: Kitchen pics

Michlesser....I noticed you have Bosch washer/dryer, how do you like them? We are moving into a new home and buying all our own appliances, really want an energy efficient washer. Appreciate your feedback on it.. Your kitchen really looks great, wish you many happy years there..Thanks.

 o RE: Kitchen pics

This is the understatment of the year...decade. LOL

I didn't realize how many people would be interested

What city are you in in TX? That white certainly looks like it would be a blessing in most parts of Texas with the climates y'all have. I'll have to come back and look when my computer isn't acting all weird during slideshows...


 o RE: Kitchen pics

We live in Dallas where it was 102 today! Then a rainshower knocked the temp down to 85 : )

 o RE: Kitchen pics

That is one of the most beautiful kitchens and laundry areas that I've seen. It's just gorgeous.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger