KatScrapper's Kitchen

Kat's Finished Kitchen!



Posted by KatScrapper (My Page) on Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 14:44

I have been lurking around this forum for a couple of months and am excited to finally post my finished kitchen! I need to get more pictures, but this is a start.

Cabinets - Diamond/Maple with a coffee glaze.
Granite - Uba Tuba

Wolf 36" Cooktop
Dacor 36" Epicure Hood

Backsplash - Castelli Durango in light Travertine
Dishwasher (hidden, left of sink) - Asko

http://photobucket.com/albums/a363/KatScrapper/?action=view�t=609f5e3d.jpg


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Kat--LOVE your backspash!!! It goes so well with your wood. And that view--so serene... Congrats on a wonderfully done project.

Here is a link that might be useful: KatScrapper's Kitchen


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Thanks - I spent many sleepless nights trying to decide what to do for the backsplash (more pattern, less pattern, more color, less color). Even picking the grout color was a big decision (Buff was the choice!). I have to say, I HEAVILY borrowed this pattern/color from another fine member of this forum (can't remember her name).

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

LOVE IT ALL! I have the same wall color as your entry but in my living room. Everything pulled together so nicely. Wishing you great times around the fireplace in the winter!

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Your home looks beautiful! Love your paint color choices.....please tell us what they are! Your kitchen feels so comfortable and serene. Just beautiful. Congratulations.

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Thank you! - Luckily I saw the main neutral color in a parade of homes - it's Crisp Khaki by Graham. I liked it because it's not too yellow, too brown, etc. Almost ever room is that color, except for the master and guest room, which are both Fenland by Graham (a soft green). The khaki looks different depending on the lighting and the white or stained maple trim.

Every time I walk into my new kitchen (only 5 days old!) I feel like I am in someone else's home (the whole home feels that way!)


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Love everything you chose! What is the granite in the bathroom? It's beautiful!

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

The granite in the master is Verde Fontaine - it has sea-greens, flecks of white, and black. A friend of mine has it in her white kitchen and it is gorgeous. I will take a close up picture of it and post...

 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Your kitchen is absolutely perfect! I am so proud for you!

Did you remodel or build new? How long did it take? Also, are you happy with your knobs/handles? I'm considering the same.


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

The kitchen is beautiful (as is the rest of the house; I peeked!)! You have SO much storage!

And oh how I wish I had a mudroom like yours!

Great job on everything!


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

vasheri - We built new, we have 3 boys and we had grown out of our other house. We worked on house plans for about 6 months, then broke ground in mid December and just moved in last week! I just posted a couple of pictures of the outside too. We are very fortune that we live in a small town (in Michigan) and worked with a great builder that only builds a couple of houses a year. No nightmare stories! I still can�t believe how it all went so smooth! And yes I am very happy with me knobs. That was another thing that took hours of surfing the internet to find. I found them at cabinetknob.com. I like that they blend in some and don't stand out too much, but do add something to the kitchen. They feel very solid. I could not believe the price and was skeptical, but was really happy with them.

loriafopiano � I got many ideas from this forum for the mudroom, gave some sketches to the trim guy and he built them � I almost cried when I saw them. Pretty crazy that I get so excited over cubbies!. I guess that's what happens after tripping over shoes and backpacks for so many years.


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Great kitchen...I'm going to have that cooktop someday I think. Dh and I saw it after we got our F&P so...

I can just imagine sitting in that nook and watching it snow...while cooking and family life goes on it the kitchen. Such a nice image..cozy and warm.


 o RE: Kat's Finished Kitchen!

Kat, your kitchen is beautiful and so is the rest of your new home. Great choices in colors,everything is peaceful and classic!

Comments:
Your kitchen is lovely! Can you tell me what finish your Vinnata faucet is? I'm having a hard time deciding between Brushed Nickel and Brushed Chrome. We have a stainless sink and I want it to coordinate with that. Thanks!
 
Congratulations on your new house. It's beautiful. I have been searching for photos of maple cabinets witb granite counters and your kitchen is the best that I've seen. I'm considering the same cabinets by Diamond in a wheat color. I've also chosen a Brazilian Coffee granite. Are you happy with the Diamond brand? Is the glaze any better than the standard colors? I'm a little worried that the maple will turn yellow over time - a conversation I've read on this website.

Thanks,
LMB
 
Congratulations on your new house. It's beautiful. I have been searching for photos of maple cabinets witb granite counters and your kitchen is the best that I've seen. I'm considering the same cabinets by Diamond in a wheat color. I've also chosen a Brazilian Coffee granite. Are you happy with the Diamond brand? Is the glaze any better than the standard colors? I'm a little worried that the maple will turn yellow over time - a conversation I've read on this website.

Thanks,
LMB
 
Congratulations on your new home. It is beautiful and very tastefully done. I'm considering Diamond maple cabinets in a wheat color. I love the way your cabinets coordinate with the granite. We've chosen a Brazilian Coffee granite. Are you happy with the Diamond brand? Are the glazed cabinets any better than the standard colors? I'm a little worried about the maple turning yellow over time - something I've learned from a conversation on this site. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have.

Thanks,
LMB
 
Kat-
what ceiling fam is that in your den? Looks like it has uplighting, whi is what I am searching for...
Thanks!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger