susytwo's Kitchen

New kitchen in new house



Posted by susytwo (My Page) on Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 22:31

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but want to finally share the pics of our finished
kitchen. I found this forum when we were halfway through the kitchen planning
phase in our new home construction. Even though I found you guys late in the
process, you've been such a help.

I apologize for some of the blurry pics. The ones I took without the flash
turned out a little fuzzy.

Cabinets: Custom made. Maple shaker style. Nutbrown/Cypruss Stain
Granite Countertops: Cambrian Black
Wood Countertop: Maple. Stained to match cabinets
Ovens: KitchenAid built w/ micro/convection
Floor- Torlys Cork - Southern Comfort
CookTop: Wolf 36"- 5 burners
Venthood - VentaHood
Refrigerator: Amana w/bottom mount freezer
Backsplash: Stainless and Tile. (Don't know the manufacturer) 1x2 porcelain mosaic
Backsplash grout: straw
Sink: Blanco
Faucet: Moen
Potfiller: Grohe
D/W: Bosch SHX46
BeerFridge: Danby
Barstools: Bermex
Stone in Island: Eldorado Stone- Field Ledge (Veneto) -(and in fireplace--not shown)

I don't like the white switchplates and we'll be changing those out.

Let me know if the link doesn't work...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/susanscurry/album?.dir=8574&.src=ph&store=&prodid=
&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: New kitchen in new house

Great job! Love your backsplash, where did you purchase the tile?

 o RE: New kitchen in new house

The tile was from a local retail tile and flooring store. I've been trying to find a copy of the quote so I could post the manufacturer or brand name.

 o RE: New kitchen in new house

Very nice kitchen! I'm curious about the maple bar. You said you stained to match the cabinets but did you put a special finish or sealer on it? My bar is almost finished and I've been given several options for the finish.

 o RE: New kitchen in new house

I believe its a varnish finish. We were told to be gentle with it for at least 2 weeks, to let it cure. We are not to clean it with anything aside from a damp cloth and mild detergent, wiping it dry afterward.

It's definitely not meant to be a cutting surface.





editor's note: the thread above was posted by susytwo in the Gallery. The thread below was posted simultaneously in the Discussion section.

Posted by susytwo (My Page) on Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 22:47

I just posted the link to our new kitchen pics in the Gallery.

I may not be a strong contributor here, but I do visit almost daily and have received so many great ideas here.

We've been in our new house just over a month now, and I'm absolutely loving my kitchen.

Thanks for all your help.


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Very nice kitchen. Congrats.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clickable link to susytwo's new kitchen


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Nice kitchen susy...

Is this a "brand new house"? I would have to say no. Most new home builders do not install such nice detail...like your spice drawer under your cooktop.

So this is your "new house". It's so much fun to get a house with a kitchen as beautiful as this one. Good luck to you dear. Have fun!


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

uneamie, thank you so much. Yes the home is brand new. We worked with a fabulous custom builder. We designed everything from the ground up, and he referred us to a cabinet maker who helped us design the kitchen.

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Really beautiful and sooo warm looking. I especially like those maple counters!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Really nice! I love the warm, earthy look and your cabinets are gorgeous! I love the way your backsplash complements your stone.

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Beautiful selections! Enjoy!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Wow, looks beautiful. I am finishing, sort of, up my design and am doing wood and black and really like the look of your stained maple.

I'm doing a wood counter on the island and thinking about on the top of the upper pennisula/eating area. I was planning to use Spekva-what type of wood counter did you use? It looks just great.

I hope my kitchen ends up looking even half as good as yours!

Peg


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Yes to all that. I'm in love with that maple counter, especially!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

What a beautiful kitchen. I love your floors. What are they?

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Peg, the counters were ordered through our cabinet maker, who designed the island. All I know is that he ordered the solid maple and then finished it himself.

Christine, the floors are Torlys cork, the color is Southern Comfort.


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

LOVE the spice drawe! LOVE the complementing stonework and backsplash! You have a beautiful kitchen. Congratulations!!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Really nice kitchen. Where did you get your counter stools? We are getting a cork floor and I really like the look of yours. Great choices, enjoy!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

The stools are from Bermex (www.bermex.ca)

Here's a list of the details:

Cabinets: Custom made. Maple shaker style. Nutbrown/Cypruss Stain
Granite Countertops: Cambrian Black
Wood Countertop: Maple. Stained to match cabinets
Ovens: KitchenAid built w/ micro/convection
Floor- Torlys Cork - Southern Comfort
CookTop: Wolf 36"- 5 burners
Venthood - VentaHood
Refrigerator: Amana w/bottom mount freezer
Backsplash: Stainless and Tile. (Don't know the manufacturer) 1x2 porcelain mosaic
Backsplash grout: straw
Sink: Blanco
Faucet: Moen
Potfiller: Grohe
D/W: Bosch SHX46
BeerFridge: Danby
Barstools: Bermex
Stone in Island: Eldorado Stone- Field Ledge (Veneto) -(and in fireplace--not shown)


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Susy - Do you know the durability of a cork floor? I am trying to find a flooring material for my kitchen. I have two kids (three if you count the hubby) and a big dog. Can you give me some info on cork floors? Thanks...Christine

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Christine, we took a risk on the flooring. We had no prior experience with cork. Our research led us to believe the durability was similar to hardwood. Quite frankly, the people on the Flooring forum seemed to just rave about it, and that convinced us to try it out.

I have found that it scratches more easily than hardwood, but the scratches are not very noticeable because of the pattern in the floor.

I dropped a can on the floor this morning and there was a very noticeable dent, but I checked it a half hour later and the dent was gone. I imagine this is because it's so cushiony.

We found out last week that our neighbours have the same floor. They installed it over a year ago, and they just love it.

My only complaint is that it seems to show our footprints much more than on our hardwood. This may be primarily because having just finished construction, there is more dust in the house, and being summertime, we are all walking around barefoot.

But it's warmer and softer than the hardwood. And it looks really unique.


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Beautiful kitchen susy!

How do you find the angled sink on the island to work with? I want to do the same thing because I love the look, but I am worried that it might be awkward to be prepping in the landing area for the fridge and having to repeatedly walk "around the angle" to use the sink. What is the front width of the angled part of your island? How wide is the aisle between the range and sink? How wide is the aisle on the sides? Where is your garbage?

Thanks!


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Susy ~ Your kitchen is fabulous!!! I could move in tomorrow and feel completely comfortable. It's a very warm and inviting space that has many wonderful touches. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

~ Elizabeth


 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Beautiful job! It's clear that you put a lot of thought into it. Enjoy!

 o RE: New kitchen in the gallery

Susy,
What a warm, inviting kitchen! I love the brick and stone, and the wonderful way it interacts with the maple and cabinets. Congratualtions!

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger