Latest News
10/20/05:
Notice anything new when you move your mouse over some of the names in the alphabetized list? I've started adding pop-ups for each kitchen so you can preview them. Each pop-up contains a photo and some details about the kitchen. (Currently only few kitchens have these pop-ups... some of the A's, B's, N's, O's and P's. All new postings will have the pop-ups, and I will update the old kitchens as time permits.)
I had posted a thread recently that polled forum members about improvements to the blog. Many members liked the slideshow, but the majority seemed to like the pop-up photos with details. The pop-ups were more informative, whereas the slideshow was more for entertainment. But since pop-ups can be quite annoying, I coded these so each remains in the same location of the screen (500,200) instead of hopping around. Hopefully they are more helpful than problematic. Please email me if you have a problem with them. :-)

I received a response from Google about their Blog search. Their response:
"Thank you for your note. We understand you're concerned that not all your posts are included in our blog search results. As you mentioned, Blog Search is currently in beta. Please be assured that we're always working
to include more content in our search results, including older posts.
We appreciate your taking the time to write, and we hope you'll visit Blog Search in the coming weeks to see our additions and improvements.
Regards, The Google Team"
I'll keep you posted. ~starpooh

10/10/05:
Google recently came out with a new beta Blog Search. The blog's search function has been updated to use this new Blog search. It finds many of the kitchens, but not all. I will followup with this problem.
There is also a new thread called "Find-A-Thread" that contains the details of the kitchens. Members can use this thread to search for specific keywords. ~starpooh

09/12/05:
Now that blogger has made it easy to upload photos I am planning to create a slideshow of all the various kitchens (one photo per kitchen). Please bear with me as I slowly add photos to each of the kitchen and incorporate them into the slideshow. ~starpooh

08/11/05:
Please be aware that any comments added to this blog are not automatically emailed to the originator of the thread. So if you have a question it may be prudent to directly email the originator via their member page. ~starpooh

08/02/05:
Received a suggestion from nutmeger about providing a search function. I added the code (see sidebar), but the search doesn't work; google isn't indexing the blog. I am pursuing and will let you know when this is resolved. ~starpooh

07/17/05:
Debugged the template format problem. I found an entry in Blogger's forum; lots of folks had the same problem with this template. They suggested a fix. Forum folks are super!
Made some other changes in the format, too. Hope it improves the usability of the site!
Thanks for your patience! ~starpooh

Comments:
Hi! Awesome job on the site. It's so helpful and fun to view. Just wanted to add a request though. When you do a search for find a kitchen, it would be great if the person's name were a link. I have to now leave that area, and try and find the person's name in the listing, and then I lose my place in the search results. That would be awesome if you could do that!
 
Very Nice!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger