BoCRon's Kitchen

Annette's kitchen


editor's note: this thread was retrieved from the WayBack archives at archive.org.
Annette was kind enough to update her photo gallery for us.. almost 2 years later!

Posted by BoCRon (My Page) on Wed, Oct 15, 03 at 21:51

Hi all,
My pics are online to be viewed!
My main kitchen is actually almost 6 years old! Yikes, time flies. I am posting because
there were some folks who wanted to see the "old" silestone (then called stonite) and
how it looked with yellow cabinets and white tile. Also, they wanted to see how it has
held up.
The other album you can go to is of the second kitchen we are adding in our basement
remodel. We are in the early stages but I will add pics as we get closer to completion. I
am using Premier cabinets, SS appliances and the plan right now is for Richlite
countertops.
Just go to my albums and choose the appropriate album.
Thanks
Annette

Here is a link that might be useful:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v690/BoCRon/Kitchens/


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Annette, what a charming kitchen, looks great !!

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Annette - Thanks for sharing your wonderful kitchen with us! I LOVE your huge island and the placement of your breakfast nook. Also, I noticed that you have the instant hot. Do you like that? I am adding it and DH thinks it is not necessary.

Thanks!! Beautiful house, beautiful kitchen!!


 o RE: Annette' kitchens

I am laughing SOOO hard!!!! Annette, looked what I just copied and pasted straight out of your photo album:

"the big hunk moves the panty by himself!"

LOL!!! Talk about a typo! I'm loving the pictures, but the typo made my day!
Darcy


 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Darcy,
LOL, I'll have to show that to him for sure! He will have some smart aleck comment to be sure!!! Of course, he'll say "what else are big hunks SUPPOSED to move?".
Julie,
The instant hot is tied for first place with the heat lamps in the hood for "items hubby rolled his eyes about, but now takes credit for!"
We like the instant hot so much that we are putting one in the downstairs kitchen. I am always forgetting to start the water boiling when I am in a hurry to finish cooking a meal. I love filling the pot from the instant hot and putting it on the stove and getting boiling water almost immediately!
Annette
P.S. sorry the pic of the step in the half bath isn't better, I just couldn't figure out how to get it to come out, I think you can see the gap where the edge of it is under the toekick.

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Annette, this might be a stupid question but I have always wanted to raise my own chickens for meat and eggs (no steroids, all natural). I am wondering how you would keep them warm for winter?

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Your kitchen is beautiful, but the thing I really love is the copper hood over the cooktop - can you tell me where you got it? And also what are the "heat lamps" in the hood (I know instant hot is wonderful!!).

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Jan,
The hood is SS not copper. I think the reflection of the wooden beams in the ceiling give in a coppery color.
The little shelves on the back of the hood flip down, and there are two heat bulbs up in the hood that you can turn on to keep stuff warm. They are the big red bulbs like you see in restaurants. We wanted a warming drawer but I didn't want to give up the space. Since the hood was a given, we decided to get the one with the warming lights. We really use them alot, especially on weekends when we make the big breakfasts. It is made by Thermador.
Dreamer2000,
Chickens are fairly hardy. I have a coop for them that I put a heatlamp in for the winter. As long as they can get out of the elements and up on roosts to sleep, they will do fine. If you join the yahoo list called Chickens 101, you can learn everything you need to know. I just love having them, they are my "meditation" when I need it. My hubby and I will sit out by the chicken yard in the evenings and just watch them while we talk about our day. The kids usually join us and have made pets out of most of them. We originally got them for the eggs, but I have become so enamored with them, that I would have them even if they weren't great layers.
Annette

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Very charming, indeed! Classic, too. Hard to believe your kitchen is 6 years old. Looks like it could have been designed this year. Thanks for sharing the pix.

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

I love the kitchen...but I am really jealous of the chickens!
I used to have some but life got too busy.....hmm...no job any more so maybe in the spring I will get some more. I really miss the eggs and the peacefulness of the birds.
Karen L

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Wow, what a great kitchen. I love the warmth and coziness of it. Love those eggs too. So colorful. What type of chickens do you have?

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

EP,
Thanks, I was just about to post about your kitchen! Love your colors.
I have 34 chickens of various breeds. Just to name some of the breeds-Speckled Sussex, Light Brahmas, Barred Rocks, Partridge Rocks, Marans, Salmon Faverolles, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Barnevelders, Silver Pencilled Hamburgs, Gold Laced Hamburgs, Buff Orpingtons, Ameraucaunas and 2 Lemon Blue Old English Game Bantams!!
As you can tell by the names, they are all beautiful and their colors add to my "yard art".
Annette

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Very nice -- really like the butcherblock island!

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Beautiful kitchen Annette. Very warm and casual and easy to live in. That's what I'm hoping for in mine.

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Wow! I went back and looked again and the hood still looks copper to me, although I could see that a little part seemed more SS. Oh well, I think a copper hood would be absolutely beautiful and yours looks really nice. The warming lights seem like a good idea too.

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Your kitchen is dear-- has the inviting warmth that I find hard to quantify but of #1 importance in the kitchen~

I envy the chickens! I actually talked to my borough manager about it-- he scrutinized the regs for me, but could not find any reason why I could not keep a few. However, I suspect my neighbors wouldn't care for it... we'll see, I may try it yet.

Nice life!


 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Demeron,
So where do you live? If you are in the US, then you can probably have chickens just about anywhere. I believe in the states you can have 3 hens even in the middle of downtown if you'd like. Roosters are another matter, though. Do a search on yahoo or google for "chicken tractor" this is a good housing solution for someone with a small garden or lot.
You can keep chickens as pets just like anything else and you are within your rights, unless you live in a developement with a HOA that strictly prohibits chickens, which most of them don't because it doesn't occur that anyone would!
Good luck,
Annette
PS Neighbors will be much more enamored of the idea if they get fresh eggs!

Here is a link that might be useful: the city chicken


 o RE: Annette' kitchens

bump. The main kitchen is a warm and inviting space, and I'm looking forward to updated photos of the kitchenette.

 o RE: Annette' kitchens

Annette,

I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I LOVE it! Did you try to make it look like a vintage, older kitchen on purpose? Because although it's new, it looks as if it's always been in your house. I really love it because it's the exact look I'm going for in my kitchen. Did you happen to do the backsplash tile yourself? I ask because I have subway tile that I plan to install by myself, and wondered how easy or hard it is to do. Thanks for posting your kitchen! It is SO nice.
Beth


 o RE: Annette' kitchens

beth96,
Hey, sorry I haven't checked this post in a while, we have been installing doors and trim in the basement, which has taken up most of our free time.
I did try to make the kitchen "vintage" to go with the house, but as I was on a budget, I had to use modern stuff to do so. I think it came out as a nice mix of new and old and found it was fun to try to make it work on my budget.
I didn't install the subway tile in the kitchen, but I did help the tile guy with the basement install. We did subway in the shower with a tumbled marble insert. Once he showed me how to get the base "mud" on to the right thickness it was really fun. He advised us to use a pre-mixed mud that is slow to dry, this way I could go back and jiggle around the tiles that I didn't set right. It really was fun and I love walking in and knowing that I did it!
Good luck,
Annette

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger