mjt7397's Kitchen

Finished Kitchen

Posted by mjt7397 (My Page) on Sat, Mar 19, 05 at 16:05

We moved in our new house a few weeks ago. After a few days at Disney World we
are home to settle in. I read many a forum and got lots of help. Thanks for all your
help.

Jennifer
(I hope I can link the pictures)


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

doesn't look like I did it. I'll try again.

Here is a link that might be useful: House Pictures


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

mjt -

beautiful kitchen - love your colors; love your countertops! You'll have to list all the details - show and tell time!

ann


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Thanks..

Countertops are Copper Canyon Granite. Found at a warehouse in Atlanta, then shipped to a fabricator in Mississippi. They are probably my favorite part of my house.

Cabinets are maple, stained and glazed on the perimeter. Antiqued black painted island. Local cabinet maker made and finished the cabinets.

SubZero 650 refrig with full overlay panels and Top Knobs handle in ORB. 48 Inch Wolfe AG range. Bosch Dishwasher. GE monogram Microwave in island. Ge Monogram ice maker and wine fridge are in Butler's pantry area.

Lighting is Minka-forget the line. Somewhere in my house I have almost all of this line.

Knobs are Top Knobs.

Floors are Brick Pavers, Old Chicago Brick with 1 coat higloss poly and 2 coats matte finish poly. I think the hi-gloss gives it the deep color, but I didn't want them shiny.

Paint is Martin Senour Olive Branch. Trim is BM Lancaster Whitewash.

That's all I can think of now. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Jennifer


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

It is a beautiful kitchen! I love the way the colors blend so well with each other. Enjoy it!

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Great kitchen! LOVE LOVE LOVE that black island!

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

BEAUTIFUL choices in materials! I love the 'movement' of the granite on your backsplash. Is your corner sink cabinet a 42" cabinet? How wide is your sink? I'm putting in a corner sink too and I'd like to get the widest (single bowl) sink possible-I'm hoping to fit a 27" sink in there.

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Belongs on a magazine cover. So warm and comforting.

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Jennifer: what a striking kitchen with a very warm, rich color palette, almost like cafe au lait. It has a vintage look, with lots of character. I love the black island, too. Beautiful lighting accents and nice crown molding on the walls to balance the height of the cabinets. Thanks for sharing!

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Really stunning! The blending of colors from the granite and the cabinets is wonderful.

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Fabulous kitchen! Not a thing that isn't spectacular! It has a wonderful Old Word feel to it, but then there's that GRANITE! What a masterpiece that is! Great job!! (Notice the excessive use of exclamation points!!)

I love, love, LOVE that kitchen!


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Mjt, do you have heating below the bricks? I hadn't thought of using bricks inside. It looks really lovely with the cabs.

I was going to ask about the granite, but see you already gave info,lol

What size cabs do you have? Did you have soffits before? I'm trying to find a way to minimise my soffits once they're removed or made smaller.

Also, the island is of great interest to me. Is it a 4 or 3 person seating? And the measurements if you don't mind please!!! Is there storage below? I'm looking for ideas.

Your kitchen looks great with the colours you've chosen.

Great job.


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

The bricks are on a slab. No heating below. They are pavers of Old Chicago Brick.

My island REALLY seats 3, but you can fit four. Since I have 2 children, my DH and myself, I went ahead and got 4 stools. It works fine. I'll have to measure. Sorry can't remember. There is storage on the kitchen side of the island, but not on the stool side. I have trash, microwave, a stack of 3 large drawers, a drawer under the micro and above the trash in the island. Has worked well for us.

Our house is new, so no soffits before. I have 10 ft ceilings. I'll have to check the size of the cabinets.

Sorry I don't have the nitty gritty answers handy. I'll get them soon.

Jennifer


 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Your kitchen is gorgeous....I love your beautiful cabinets and the brick floor...
i am just starting my remodel and brick is definitely on my list of *wants*.....seeing you kitchen has made me want a brick even more....beautiful job!!!!!

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Beautiful kitchen. Very rich and warm. I'm partial to black and browns in the kitchen, the colors we're using in our own remodel.

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Lovely kitchen!

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

Hi Jennifer,
You have put together a gorgeous kitchen! I have an unusual question though. I LOVE your crown moulding in the kitchen. Could you tell me about it?
thanks,
Lori

 o RE: Finished Kitchen

I love your kitchen, it's one of my favorites on this forum. Beautiful!

Comments:
Beautiful! Especially love the backsplash.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger