Light, Open, Airy, and Casual Cottage Style Kitchen
Contact: Posted by tiskers (My Page)
Posted on Fri, Apr 3, 09
Link to kitchen photos: http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/Lynn614/KITCHEN%20DONE/?albumview=slideshow
Link to original thread: tiskers' original GW thread
- Cabinets: Showplace Wood Products; "Breckenridge" door style, in maple; "Antique Soft Cream with Ivory Glaze" finish. Seeded glass. Bun feet.
I LOVE the under-cabinet molding (trim) on the wall cabinets... I think it's my favorite "small detail". Really made a HUGE difference in looking "finished". Some of the best $200 we spent in the whole project!!! ;o)
- Countertop: Granite is Santa Cecelia Light, slabs hand-picked at Mont Granite in Solon, OH.
- Sink: Blanco 1 3/4 bowl silgranit sink in color "Biscuit"
- Faucet: Delta Saxony faucet in SS finish
~ GE slide-in gas range, model #PGS908SEM.
~ GE microwave, model #PEB20605SM1SS (built in w/ trim kit).
~ KitchenAid french door fridge, model #KBFS20ETSS01. Counter depth
~ KitchenAid D/W, model #KUDC03FVSS0.
~ we reused our KitchenAid disposer, it was new
~ Fixtures by Murray Feiss, from the "Alexandria" collection.
~ Low-voltage xenon under-cabinet lighting by American Lighting.
- Flooring: Tarkett Fiber Floor (one piece vinyl) - color/style: Arizona Saltio, Taupe #38062.
~ Kitchen walls: Ralph Lauren Polo paint, "Fairy's Wren" color, in eggshell finish, number NA61
~ Paint color (face of soffit), a Pratt and Lambert color specially matched to cabinets, in satin finish.
~ Dining room walls: SW Ivoire, velvet finish.
~ Crown molding and trim (both rooms): SW semi-gloss white.
~ Ceiling (both rooms): SW basic flat white.
- Hardware: You savvy GW'ers will no doubt notice that we reused the hardware from the old kitchen. ;o) We bought it not too long ago when we gave the old kitchen a little "face-lift", with full intention to re-use it when we remodeled.
- Barstools: purchased locally for WAY CHEAP! ($100 for all three!) (I ">hope to replace my table, chairs and bar stools in the not-so-distant future.
- Gel-Pro mat, color: Truffle
- Kitty fountain: Drinkwell Platinum
- TV: "by D:sign" from Walmart for about $100
- "Bon Appetit" lettering above the window: matte black vinyl graphic purchased from eBay (under $20!)
- Coffeemaker: the new Keurig coffee maker. Our "Coffee Corner" with new "Fresh Java" sign.
Kitchen design by The Kitchen Village, Corry & Erie, PA.
Kitchen design complements our 1600 SF Cape Cod home (built in the 50's).
The step-up "shelf" behind the sink was added for interest and to kinda balance out the step-up bar at the opposite side of the room.
Bar with Seating
Cabinets: Base >36"high
Cutting Board Storage
DIY - Do It Yourself
Full Extension Drawers
Lighting: Under Cabinet
Pantry Door opens on both sides
Peninsula with Seating
Plug inside Cabinet
Oh, I LOVE the floor. So easy to stand on, and a breeze to clean. And we get so many compliments on it, too. We would do it again in a heartbeat!
Your kitchen is beautiful and very similar in layout to the one I'm planning. I have two questions: 1) how do you like having your microwave under your counter top? and 2) do you have a hood for your cooktop and if not, has that been an issue? OK - maybe that's technically 3 :) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful results!