knroberts' Kitchen

Red Birch & Bros Blue



Posted by knroberts (My Page) on Wed, Mar 24, 04 at 20:05

Here are the updated progress photos of our kitchen with red birch inset cabinets and Bros Blue granite. It's slowly but surely all coming together!

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's kitchen progress photos
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CcsnLZs4asWK


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Beautiful! You are going to love that kitchen.

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Love that hood area! Looks like lots of thought went into the design. Would like more info on who designed or the brand of cabinets.

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

That is so pretty, Karen! I can't wait to see the completed work of art!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Love the pendant lighting! When you're all finished, will you post the details? Won't be long now!!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

The cabinets are Cabico natural red birch with beaded inset doors. The hood was designed from a photo in a magazine! Unfortunately, the photo was lost (but that's a looooong story) so I drew it from memory and Cabico was able to custom build it.

By Friday, we should have the rest of the countertops and the appliances but we'll still be missing some trim. I don't mind because I can cook without trim!

Karen


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Very pretty kitchen. I love the hutch design you're using as a model. I've never heard of the granite before. It's probably called by a different name in different areas. We're doing the beaded inset doors too. How do you like them so far?

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Love your kitchen - especially the color of your cabinets. Very well done.

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Wow - I love your floorplan!! You've done a great job of designing your kitchen!!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Wow, that's gorgeous! Love that sink! I think you're undermounting, right? The Danze faucet looks great on the prep. You're going to have SO much fun. Can't wait to see the rest!

Lorie


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

That is going to be stunning when it's done... can't wait to see the rest of the pictures... I've never even heard of Bros. Blue granite!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Greatlooking kitchen! Love the wood hood. Is that the Herbeau fire clay farmhouse sink? That's what we're getting-just hope it looks half as good as yours does.

Can't wait to see the the final pics-you'll need to post them as soon as you finish!


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I'll be so happy when we are no longer cooking in the basement (since October).

Our island is two levels: 36" counter-height eating bar and 32" vanity-height prep counter (with the end facing the DR elevated to 36", too). Cabinets are 15" deep and are 16" from the countertops. I wasn't sure how I would like the lower island but I LOVE it so far - just standing in front of it and pretending the water is flowing and meals are cooking.

Bros Blue is also called Dynamic Blue and I've also seen it called Brass Blue. I will spend a life-time appreciating all the nuances of the movement. It really has to be seen in person because it doesn't photograph at all.

The beaded inset doors are great. We needed to have our GC do some adjustments of drawer fronts, cabinet doors, to make the gaps equal all the way around. We selected a very simple style for the red birch because we wanted the wood to speak for itself. The soffit is there out of necessity but when we decided to face the cabinets with wood and put in small recessed lights, I'm glad we had the soffit "problem." Also, we were able to vent the hood out through the soffit to outside.

It'll be a few weeks or more before all the finishing touches are complete but I'll keep posting photos to shutterfly as we make progress.

Thanks again for everyone's input, ideas, and answers along the way!

Karen


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

I love your kitchen. It's a beauty.

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Your kitchen is beautiful!
What color will you paint the walls?

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Great job Karen! It's a really impressive job. Lovely.

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Karen - what a beautiful kitchen.

And thank you thank you thank you for posting these pictures. I plan on getting red birch cabinets but keep second guessing my choice. There seems to be not too many pictures of red birch kitchens so I spend my time wondering if I really do like it. Your kitchen just confirms that red birch is beautiful and the way I want to go.

Thanks!


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Karen -- your kitchen looks gorgeous!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Karen, do you have any new photos yet? I can't wait to see the granite with your sink!

 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Here are photos of the Herbeau sink with the granite. It is an undermount installation with approx. 3/8" reveal. The sink is pulled out beyond the edge of the granite. Danze bridge faucet in antique copper with side spray, Danze soap dispenser, and Mountain Plumbing air switch -- in antique copper (special ordered at Home Depot).

Still to come is a white w/ grey lines marble window sill and SS front panel of DW.

I'm just starting to give the sink a whirl! So far so good - really like the height, depth, appearance, sink installation, everything.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Herbeau sink undermount installation


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

I love that faucet. So much style! This room comes together so well. The hood vent is awesome.

Rachel


 o RE: Red Birch & Bros Blue

Woo Hoo!!!! I love that sink (as you know, since I'm getting one too)! It looks really great with the faucet, and the granite. How totally fun! Are you out of the basement yet?

Comments:
Thanks for all the nice comments. Two years later, I LOVE and USE my kitchen so, so, so much.

I'm now over on the Cooking Forum under the username Karigrapy!

Karen
 
Karen,
Awesome! I am also going to be using natural red birch cabinets. I was wondering what you ended up using for the floor?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger