meskauskas' Kitchen

Kitchen 99% complete at last!



Posted by meskauskas (My Page) on Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 18:48

At long last, here are photos of our new kitchen. We've still got a few details to go, but it's essentialy finished.

Thanks to all of the great members of this forum. You made a stressful process infinately easier with your sound advice, great ideas and reassurance. I would have been one confused cookie without all of you! :-)



The details:

Cabinets: Brookhaven I, Frameless - Springfield Raised pattern w/ Sandstone stain and Pewter glaze.
Counters: Granite - Bellagio
Backsplash: Background is honed and polished travertine, accent tiles are white bronze by St. Gaudens http://www.vsgmetalarts.com/html/products.asp?category=1
Floor: Red Oak
Wall Color: Lemon Smoke by Easy Living
Bay Window/Sliding Glass Door: Pella's design with built-in blinds.
Refrigerator: GE Monogram 42" side by side
Oven: Thermador C301BS 30" convection
Microwave: Kitchen Aid 30" convection/microwave
Hood: Vent-a-hood, flairline style
Stovetop: GE Monogram 5 burner - gas
Dishwasher: Miele Platinum Edition
Sink: Kindred Big Single #US1925/80L/E - 8" depth
Garbage Disposal: In Sink Erator 777ss
Faucet: Grohe Ladylux Plus
Soap Dispenser: Grohe 28-751 SDO Deluxe
Hot Water Dispenser: In Sink Erator GN1100, w/ filter
Ceiling Fan: Hunter Orbit
Pendant Lights: Alfa Lighting 90550 Monopoint w/ Onyx shade

Here is a link that might be useful: Meskauskas - Finished Kitchen


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

What an incredible remodel job!!! I love your cabinets and countertops and the ceiling treatment you used. Everything came together beautifully. You also have a great view, adorable dogs, and a cute grandson. Thanks for posting!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Your backsplash is one of my favorites meskauskas. Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Lovely, just lovely. You must reorder your shutterfly photos so that PC100039.JPG is on the cover - that is a beautiful photo of a beautiful kitchen! Very nice work. I hope you enjoy it for a long, long time.

Curious, what color paint did you use - I like it a lot - and I love the backsplash and the pendant lights.


 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Your kitchen looks great! Love your cabinets, tile and granite. The dog is cute too!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, I love cooking in our new kitchen and am working on getting used to all the fancy new appliances.
Tonda, the paint we used was called Lemon Smoke by Easy Living paints. You can get it at Sears and Orchard Supply Hardware. The name is sort of misleading, as it is actually not a yellow green at all, but more of a smokey gray green with a very faint hint of blue.

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Ohhhhhhh, what a lovely transformation! With all your good helpers, it's easy to see how it happened...
Enjoy your gorgeous new kitchen!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Mesk, Simply beautiful! I love that pantry next to the fridge and your floors are gorgeous. Nice job!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

I want to see Clara's beautiful new kitchen too, help! I can only see photos 1-12, when I click for more the screen silently mocks me! What am I doing wrong?

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Gorgeous! I especially love your view... The cabinets are wonderful, and your seed glass doors are perfect. A really nice job!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Clara, your kitchen is just lovely. I also really love the paint color, and the whole thing comes together beautifully. Congratulations!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

What a fantastic job! Really beautiful.

My eye was caught by your floors since they look exactly like what I want for my kitchen. Could you tell me exactly what type of floors you have? Solid wood or engineered? What type of stain on the red oak? What type of finish? They look absolutely perfect. I would appreciate any info you can give me about them.

Thanks,
--pony


 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Clara,

It is beautiful! Such a warm feeling. And I love the corner cabinet swivels.

Congrats...
Chris


 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Thanks for sharing your photos. What a wonderful new kitchen. Beautiful cabinets. An amazing transformation.

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Wonderful kitchen. I also love your view, that must be great to look at out your beautiful new windows.

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

It's warm and yummy. Fantastic job!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Clara, great job! I love your cabs and the overall look is seamless. The granite is so pretty, and I'm not even a granite girl!

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Clara, your kitchen looks wonderful! I was wondering if you could tell us what type of lighting you used above your cabinets.
Thanks.

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Thanks again to everyone for all the lovely compliments!

Ponyduck,
Our floors are red oak and are hardwood, about 3/8" thick. We had them sanded down to bare wood and refinished, and the fellow that stained them custom blended a light stain that was just a little more color than clear. It had a reddish tone to it, and brought up a color that was just perfect for our cherry cabinets.

Amn2design,
The above-cabinet lights are flourescent fixtures.
Our 6 center ceiling lights are 6" cans with incandecent bulbs on a dimmer.


 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Great job Clara! Your kitchen is beautiful! Heck, makes me want to re-do mine over!! Beautiful choices.

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

I want your kitchen!!! Q: The granite. I haven't seen "bellagio" before - I love it. How is it holding up? Where did you find it?

 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Wow!!! Wonderful job Clara. Beautiful and functional. That view deserved that window. I am in love with your granite too and your backsplash and those melamie bowls I spied in your pullout.

Best wishes for many years of enjoyment.


 o RE: Kitchen 99% complete at last!

Mercy, Your kitchen was one of my inspiration sources! I loved your pendant lights so much they made the decsion for me to purchase ours with the same kind of amber tone, and I loved the way everything blended together so well for you.

Hi Jaley, - We love it! It's very durable - no chipping, etching or staining, and I've exposed it to oils from frying, tomato products, vinegars, you name it - so far, so good. We had never seen Bellagio granite before either, and came across one slab of it at a stone yard in San Leandro. They had said that it was "really rare" and it would be months before they could get any more, etc...so we kept looking as we couldn't wait that long. We looked at several other places and they had never heard of it, but then just a half block away from where we first saw it, we found Direct Stone Importers and they had tons of it - about 40 slabs, so I don't think it's "rare" like the other place said, and maybe it's under a different name elsewhere. DSI said they bought directly from the quarry in Brazil.


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger